GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 4..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Gran Turismo 4 (GT4)'.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
Has full 1080i HDTV support for the US version. I am shocked.

I can't understand why the likes of Metal Gear Solid 3/Xenosaga 2 etc haven't opted for HDTV support. It really does bring the visual quality a hell of a lot closer to PC resolutions.

Why developers have held back HDTV support and Dolby Digital support for PS2 games is beyond me, the few that have supported it have ran flawlessly.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:16
Regular
Has full 1080i HDTV support for the US version. I am shocked.

I can't understand why the likes of Metal Gear Solid 3/Xenosaga 2 etc haven't opted for HDTV support. It really does bring the visual quality a hell of a lot closer to PC resolutions.

Why developers have held back HDTV support and Dolby Digital support for PS2 games is beyond me, the few that have supported it have ran flawlessly.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:48
Regular
"The definitive tag"
The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not it will make it's release date. I have become increasingly angry every time it slips back a couple of months. Remember, it's original release date was way back in May last year.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:50
Regular
It has been reviewed so I would imagine so.

Only a couple of weeks to go!
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:51
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Should get the Japanese version, roll on Monday when it should finally arrive for me :-D
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:54
Regular
Really looking forward to it.

Project Gotham 2 was a complete dull fest and Burnout 3 had jack all depth to it. Has been a while since I last played a involving/quality racing title that lasts more than a couple of plays.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I must say after seeing it in action on Gamer TV it's the only game that's ever made me stare at it open mouthed at it's beauty. Just a shame it won't have online mode though i'm sure i read somewhere they may release it again later on with the online mode on it
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:56
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Judging by the way it looks now, it will be the highlight of my gaming year. I've spent countless hours on GT3 and Prologue in preparation for what I'm hoping to be a masterpiece.
Sat 12/02/05 at 19:59
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> I must say after seeing it in action on Gamer TV it's the only game
> that's ever made me stare at it open mouthed at it's beauty. Just a
> shame it won't have online mode though i'm sure i read somewhere they
> may release it again later on with the online mode on it

Not too fussed to be honest. Online console gaming is pretty cack if LIVE and the PS2 line-up is anything to go by.

The screens looks the absolute mutties though and by all accounts it runs flawlessly at 60fps.
Sat 12/02/05 at 20:01
Regular
"8==="
Well that's your new surrogate partner sorted then Ali.
Sat 12/02/05 at 20:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:

> Not too fussed to be honest. Online console gaming is pretty cack if
> LIVE and the PS2 line-up is anything to go by.

me either but this would have been the one i'd actually get back interested in online console gaming for. Ah well it won't stop me enjoying it

> The screens looks the absolute mutties though

indeed they do.

(on a side note, you getting Xenosaga 2 when it comes out?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.