GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AoE 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Age of Empires 2'.
Mon 14/02/05 at 00:46
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
After completely ignoring PC gaming upto tonight I decided to grab AoE2 from my mate. From starting the game iv'e just stopped at the last training mission and that was a 10.00pm. On the few RTS games I have played I like to be thorough and this is no exeption. On the last training mission I did (capture 3 relics) I found myself attacking the good ol' brits with over 80 soldiers which was really fun.

So yes great game so far and didn't make my eyes bleed like I was expecting.
Mon 14/02/05 at 11:19
Regular
AoE2 rocked...my favourite RTS. If you get the chance play it online, top stuff.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Wink wrote:
> I coul buy a new one with a £40 price tag but im guessing I
> couldn't really get anything worth buying with that much.

I think mine was £90

Perhaps for £50 you could get something. Also make sure you have your graphics acceleration set to the max.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:13
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I coul buy a new one with a £40 price tag but im guessing I couldn't really get anything worth buying with that much.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:09
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Wink wrote:
> Unfortunatly I have to stick to my 32mb graphics card limit though. :(

Sheesh.

I'm not even a big PC gamer and I had to get a (128 I think) NVidia.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:08
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Another realism/tactical problem is that at times you were relying on one unit at a time slowly generating (click, click, click, click, click) and trotting off to battle, instead of drawing up troops and using them as an army, if you know what I mean.

I love seiging towns and using mini-tactics which AoE was perfect for.,
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:05
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Unfortunatly I have to stick to my 32mb graphics card limit though. :(
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Also gonna give Diablo and Warcraft 3 a go.
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Wink wrote:
> Ah yes, I was wondering when that Time Commando's thing would get a
> release.

It's been out for quite a while. Can't remember what it's called. Requires a beast of a computer though.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I got bored of AOEII. Defending was always so much better than attacking, yet you had to attack.

And I was too young to appreciate the 'strength/weakness' thing - I just tended to wade in and get pi*sed off.
Mon 14/02/05 at 01:02
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Ah yes, I was wondering when that Time Commando's thing would get a release.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.