GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What came first the chicken or the egg?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
What came first the chicken or the egg?
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:28
Regular
"Insert Gently"
:x
Fri 09/07/04 at 14:27
Regular
"You fail in life!"
The egg came first as the evolution from the reptilian species (say a crocodile for example) occurred in the egg which spawned the chicken (and as we all know birds evolved from reptiles, he humble sparrow evolved from as T-Rex, BWAHAHAHA THIS IS HIS GIRLFRIEND!!! TWAS DA CHICKEN THAT CAME FIRST!!!! NYAAAAAAAA!!!
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:25
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
It's the egg because mutation takes place during pregnancy so something that wasn't a chicken laid an egg that mutated and a chicken came from it. Naturally this would have been trigerred by natural factors around this species so more than one animal laid an egg that also mutated into chickens and a species was born.
Fri 09/07/04 at 12:07
Regular
"\\"
THE EEG!

See. My theory is that they evolved from lizards and the sort who laid eggs, and eventually became chickens, so the egg came millions of years before the chicken.

As for where the lizards came from... An egg of course.

Rargh... People may have said it first, but i only read the post before this!
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:50
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I can't believe this has actually become a semi-serious discussion.
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:46
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
AliBoy wrote:
> If you mean specifically a chickens egg then obviously the chicken
> had to lay such an egg so the chicken would come first.

But where did that chicken come from? An egg. It came from an egg. The egg came first. You can't have a chicken that didn't come from an egg.

Sheesh.
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:44
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
VenomByte wrote:
> The thing everyone assumes, is that the first chicken has to come from
> an egg.
>
> Why? Why couldn't it be born in the same way as most mammals are?

Becuase birds evolved from reptiles, who give birth via eggs. All chickens are born from eggs, if a chicken was born like a mammal it wouldn't be a chicken but a completely different species.

So the earliest chickens came from eggs.

Simple.
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:25
Regular
"^_^"
I ate eggs before Chicken.

Also, i don't think its possible for the egg to have "came", only the male chicken could have done that.... (ho ho ho)
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Dinosaurs layed eggs way before chickens came along, so the egg was first.

If you mean specifically a chickens egg then obviously the chicken had to lay such an egg so the chicken would come first.
Here the chicken would no doubt have evolved from another type of bird which may not have been a "chicken" so the egg would not be a "chicken" egg.
Fri 09/07/04 at 11:18
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The thing everyone assumes, is that the first chicken has to come from an egg.

Why? Why couldn't it be born in the same way as most mammals are? Maybe at some point a genetic anomoly occured whereby further generations of chickens were born from eggs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.