GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fathers 4 Justice - what do you think?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3872465.stm[/URL] to read about the latest protest they're making - my brother helped organise it and drove the van.

[URL]http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/[/URL] for their official website. Go in and read about CAFCASS - it's a bit of an eye-opener.

I'll be back later to see if anyone's commented (I'm off to the dentist).
Mon 12/07/04 at 15:53
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
My sister has just got a letter from her partners Solicitor about seeing his son. The letter says that he gets to see his son more times a week then what she does. The stupid thing about it all is that they are the days when he is at work.

What does he plan on doing with him; he does not work in a safe environment as he works at a garage.

My sister has to now get a solicitor to see what can be done about it.

Her X partner is that high on smoking dope and drinking it’s a wonder he remembers having the kid at all, he has just lost his driving license as he was caught drink driving.

When he does have the kid he leaves him with his mum anyway and goes out, or he’ll decide to bring him back early.

Its people like that I wonder why they bother putting up a fight, he is making himself look stupid and is not even thinking about the kid at all. There is genuine people out there who really want to be with their children and he is making a fuss over nothing.

My sister says he can see his kid whenever he wants providing he does spend the time with him, but he prefers to involve Solicitors and make him self look foolish. Im surprised the solicitor didnt ask him more questions and just wrote the letter knowing damn well it makes no sence. Money means more to her then getting things right i see.
Mon 12/07/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
This seems to be just about the only site I can get on at the moment so I cannot check out the links just yet.

I've not come across many of these cases as most of our friends are either childless or still together in happy family units. However, my cousins husband is in a similar situation and he has no access to his daughter at all anymore.

It's heartbreaking for the child and for him, he is a lovely bloke. Mental ex held him to ransom, punishing him by not allowing him to see the daughter, even under the supervised visition rights, to get back at him for something she perceived as his fault and him still paying for both their upkeep doesn't seem fair to me at all.

In cases like this men definitely get shafted.
Mon 12/07/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3884265.stm[/URL]

Erm, my brother was one the 12 arrested during this protest. He was held for six hours with no food (so he says ... ) and when he was offered a 'phone call he rang me to ask me to book a table at our local pub for this evening (it's his birthday today). Sometimes I wonder if his head's screwed on properly.

Still, at least they seem to be getting somewhere: [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3883927.stm[/URL] .
Thu 08/07/04 at 09:39
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
I have some sympathy for some of the fathers that have had a bad deal by the courts, but I have also been in this situation. As a Mother MY ex took me to court for more access to our daughter. He had regualar access. He saw her her every weekend. That was not enough for him he wanted to see her at school. He went into her class and tried to take her from the class. He was waiting for her to come out of school and snatch her. I then had to get an Injunction out to stop him going to school. He then attacked me when I was pregnent and I ended up in hospital and lost the baby. Then the court said he still had the right to see her. I had to hand her over everyweekend kicking and screaming. When my daughter came home she said He had pictures of me in the bed room withn candles. When she was nine we had the access stopped. Since then he was stabbed and died. The courts should help mothers. I know not all men are like that and most love there kids. I feel like the courts should do more for mothers. My daughter has been emotionally and physically scared form the man she called her father.
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:55
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
it is unfair that women have more rights over their children then men, i think that when a women is pregnant the baby is hers to look after and decide what is best for the child, but when it is born both parents should get equal access and the right to see the child
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:50
"period drama"
Yes, this issue has my total support.
It's completely unacceptable.
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In total support of them, obviously during the time when the feminists were burning their bras, chanting their anti-men slogans and campaigning for equal rights in every little thing they obviously forgot about this little area where they actually have ALL the rights (but then in my opinion they are the biggest hypocrites walking god's green earth). The mother would have to be Myra Hindley mark II (or III depending on what paper you read :-D) for the court to even consider giving the father sole custody of the children.

Apparently all men are good for in the eyes of the court when it comes to raising children is just to be a human cash machine churning most of their earnings out each month to support his children (and his wife for some reason? We get it rammed down our throats virtually every day about independant women and girl power, it's strange then how ex-husbands and fathers have to virtually live in their cars while working just to pay for the upkeep of their children (quite rightly) and their ex wives (unfairly) like has been mentioned the ruling of the Ray Parlour case was totally pathetic.

Can you tell a few of my cousins have been through this circus so i'm a bit biased? :-D
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
My brother seems to have a similar experience to most of the members in the group:-

. split up from his girlfriend;
. been stopped from seeing his then 3 year-old daughter by his ex - she would say she didn't want to see him whilst the kid was in her arms screaming "Daddy! Daddy!";
. his ex's elder sons (19 and 21) threatened him and then said it was the other way round when the police turned up, even though he'd had a disc removed from his back no more than 6 weeks earlier;
. got dragged through the courts simply trying to get to see his daughter, costing him a fortune while his ex got Legal Aid

The courts and 90% of the judges are criminally biased towards the mother and it sickens me. There have been too many times that my 38 year-old brother has turned up on my doorstep in tears because his bi###-wh### of an ex has refused to let him see his daughter, even though it's his arranged contact time, and called the police saying he's been abusive and threatening.

I in no way blame the police because, as they say, they have guidelines they have to follow and whilst the ex has official custody then the girl has to stay with her.

I'm gonna stop typing now, before I break my keyboard in anger.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
They do the stunts purely to get noticed - they're always well planned and the people involved are prepared to take full responsibility for their actions.

They've spent years trying to go through the official channels and have achieved exactly squat.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:26
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Principal - yes.
Stunts - no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.