GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fathers 4 Justice - what do you think?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/07/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3872465.stm[/URL] to read about the latest protest they're making - my brother helped organise it and drove the van.

[URL]http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/[/URL] for their official website. Go in and read about CAFCASS - it's a bit of an eye-opener.

I'll be back later to see if anyone's commented (I'm off to the dentist).
Wed 07/07/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/3872465.stm[/URL] to read about the latest protest they're making - my brother helped organise it and drove the van.

[URL]http://www.fathers-4-justice.org/[/URL] for their official website. Go in and read about CAFCASS - it's a bit of an eye-opener.

I'll be back later to see if anyone's commented (I'm off to the dentist).
Wed 07/07/04 at 10:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Good intentions, albeit the 'stunts' might just be annoyng and tiring to some.
Wed 07/07/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
When I was a divorce solicitor, the basic rule for deciding custody of the kids was as follows:

- If the women isn't visibly addicted to hard drugs, or in a relationship with someone who is clearly going to be abusive, then she gets custody. And frankly, even if she is then she's more than likely to get them.

The law takes an incredibly paternalistic view of the family; it assumes that Mother knows best, and Father doesn't really need to be that involved unless he wants to. But if the Mother decides she doesn't want the Father involved...well, short of taking the kid(s) off her (which does happen, although rarely) there is very little that can be done. The court can make more orders for access rights, and she can keep ignoring them. And whilst this all goes on, the legal fees rise and rise...(a truly acrimonious dispute over children is widely regarded as a nice little earner by the profession).

My brother is currently getting divorced from his fat, grotesque, belligerant, idle slattern of a wife. Despite the fact that he does all the housework, cooking, cleaning, and earns the household money and pays the bills and despite the fact that she is on disability benefit (apparently being fat and lazy counts as disabled these days...not that I'm biased you understand) and her sole purpose in life is to watch daytime tv and eat sweets whilst stuffing their daughter full of chocolate in order to keep her quiet, she will almost certainly get custody of the daughter. Which, naturally, sucks.

So, in a long and rambling way, I think I'm saying that I fully understand why Fathers 4 Justice have been driven to such extremes, and it's sad that they are forced into the position of cheap stunts for publicity. Good on them, and I hope they get some results.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:04
Regular
I have a friend - has a kid, the mother has custody.
She's pulled several dodgy stunts, including filing false allegations of assault against the father to cut his visitation rights until the matter was concluded, during which time (months) he was only allowed supervised visitation - which she didn't turn up to, so each week he'd sit there, trying not to look angry (how would you feel if you were being prevented from seeing your daughter for months on end) because he was being watched by social workers.

She's utterly mental really, and a pretty half-ashed parent, but hey, she's the mother.

A friend of a friend, his sister got pregnant, split up with the father, she got a dirt cheap town centre flat from the council as she was a single mother, then she moved back in with her parents.
The flat lies empty, aside from when her brother and friends stop in for a few drinks before going out in the town.

Also, I heard on the raido, Ray Parlour's ex has today won a landmark legal case entitling her to a portion of his future earnings.
I don't particularly like Parlour, but that's freaking insanity.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:10
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I think it is unfair that mothers skip court agreements to allow fathers to make visits and i feel for the people involved.

Oh and well done for throwing a purple missile at Blair, simply brilliant :)
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:26
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Principal - yes.
Stunts - no.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:29
Regular
"Twenty quid."
They do the stunts purely to get noticed - they're always well planned and the people involved are prepared to take full responsibility for their actions.

They've spent years trying to go through the official channels and have achieved exactly squat.
Wed 07/07/04 at 18:43
Regular
"Twenty quid."
My brother seems to have a similar experience to most of the members in the group:-

. split up from his girlfriend;
. been stopped from seeing his then 3 year-old daughter by his ex - she would say she didn't want to see him whilst the kid was in her arms screaming "Daddy! Daddy!";
. his ex's elder sons (19 and 21) threatened him and then said it was the other way round when the police turned up, even though he'd had a disc removed from his back no more than 6 weeks earlier;
. got dragged through the courts simply trying to get to see his daughter, costing him a fortune while his ex got Legal Aid

The courts and 90% of the judges are criminally biased towards the mother and it sickens me. There have been too many times that my 38 year-old brother has turned up on my doorstep in tears because his bi###-wh### of an ex has refused to let him see his daughter, even though it's his arranged contact time, and called the police saying he's been abusive and threatening.

I in no way blame the police because, as they say, they have guidelines they have to follow and whilst the ex has official custody then the girl has to stay with her.

I'm gonna stop typing now, before I break my keyboard in anger.
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:41
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
In total support of them, obviously during the time when the feminists were burning their bras, chanting their anti-men slogans and campaigning for equal rights in every little thing they obviously forgot about this little area where they actually have ALL the rights (but then in my opinion they are the biggest hypocrites walking god's green earth). The mother would have to be Myra Hindley mark II (or III depending on what paper you read :-D) for the court to even consider giving the father sole custody of the children.

Apparently all men are good for in the eyes of the court when it comes to raising children is just to be a human cash machine churning most of their earnings out each month to support his children (and his wife for some reason? We get it rammed down our throats virtually every day about independant women and girl power, it's strange then how ex-husbands and fathers have to virtually live in their cars while working just to pay for the upkeep of their children (quite rightly) and their ex wives (unfairly) like has been mentioned the ruling of the Ray Parlour case was totally pathetic.

Can you tell a few of my cousins have been through this circus so i'm a bit biased? :-D
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:50
"period drama"
Yes, this issue has my total support.
It's completely unacceptable.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.