GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Holy SH*T"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/07/04 at 16:41
Regular
"\\"
Jesus christ. Bloody hell. AAAAH

A lighting just struck... And the house just shook and everything... And it must have been a good mile away... JESUS!
Tue 06/07/04 at 19:37
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
I work in a PC shop in town, and we had at least 15 customers come in during the few days after a big storm, all needing modems replaced. Really, if you're not going to turn the PC off, unplug the modem or get a surge protector thingy.

Incidently, you can get your PC hit too, just less frequent. Nasty thing when that happens is that the damage isn't limited to the power supply, can knock out various other bits too. Surge protector = cheap and worthwhile.
Tue 06/07/04 at 19:08
Same thing happend to me about 3 days ago, looked like some one was using a camera and the flash went of.
Was rather cool.
Tue 06/07/04 at 18:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
You don't need to turn your PC off but unplugging your modem is recommended - mini-spikes can come down the phone line and break the 'connect/disconnect' relay.
Tue 06/07/04 at 18:13
"LOLLERSKATES!"
We hav'nt had thunder or lightning in ages, although tomorrow the weather is supposed to be very stormy and rainy in the south. Brilliant :D
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:58
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Trish wrote:
> Lightning hit the road outside my door a few times and in the field
> across the road, it is quite amazing when it happens.

Same, we had a massive storm last year go directly over our house. We got about 4 inches of rain in an hour! The house opposite flooded!

The lightning hit two trees in the woods across the road and one hit the field, it was about 50 meters away and I was at the front door looking in that direction at the timeit happened, it scared me sh*tless, the sound knocked me back.
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:53
Regular
"\\"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> I hate Lightning, people say that you should turn off your Computers
> when theres lightning about but I just point and laugh.

Maybe... But my PC NEVER goes off.

> Did the lightning hit anybody?

Yes. I can see it from a mile away.

> Did everyone come out of their houses to see what was happening???

Yes... In the really really heavy rain.
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Memorandum! wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Well they do actually have a point.
>
> No way man!

Well lightning fried my uncle's modem.
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:27
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Cracking

Soon I can't be blamed for farting in public and having a breast fixation!
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
you're regressing
Tue 06/07/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
How can I go from a bad man to a naughty boy so quickly?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.