GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSTWO magic swap disc"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/02/05 at 22:14
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i need to know all you know about the ps2 magic swap disc,

i have a new slimline pstwo, and i am considering getting the magic swap disc,i have many questions?

which is the best one to buy?

how do i use it?

will it play copied and import games, without me having to chip?

thanks in advance

SLICE
Tue 15/02/05 at 22:14
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
i need to know all you know about the ps2 magic swap disc,

i have a new slimline pstwo, and i am considering getting the magic swap disc,i have many questions?

which is the best one to buy?

how do i use it?

will it play copied and import games, without me having to chip?

thanks in advance

SLICE
Wed 16/02/05 at 00:52
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Magic Swap Disc?
Wed 16/02/05 at 06:44
Regular
UK Google for 'Magic Switch'.

It's a system of 3 bits of plastic that fit in the drive bay, allowing magic-swapping to go on. You also need the Swap magic v3.3 discs, otherwise it won't work.

Most places go for around £25-30 for the set. Haven't bought one myself yet as I may be getting rid of my PS2.

And don't play copied games, that's the most retarded thing you can do as a gamer.
Wed 16/02/05 at 07:30
"Tesco value"
and copied games could ruin your laser in the PS2.

dont know if the magic disk would work though, had no luck with DVD region X with my ps2, perhaps the coding is better in the new one.

whist I've got your attention Bullett (we need a pm function)

this PSP you've ordered from IM, do you know if its got the new samsung screen and chips?
do you know much about the new components?
I've had a second chance offer on ebay, for a japanese one, with no dead pixels or anything, for £200 delivered (not a value pack)

I keep going to IM adding it to my basket, then removing it having my doubts, (plus I get confused with the delivery options and insurance)

Cheers!11
Wed 16/02/05 at 07:39
Regular
I honestly don't know if it'll some with the Samsung gear. All I do know, is that around 99% of US and Euro PSP's will have the new technology in.

I'm just crossing my fingers really!

If I'm lucky though, I'll have a better, dead-pixel-free screen and improved battery life.
Wed 16/02/05 at 07:40
Regular
Another thing which made me go for US rather than Jap, was the Movie feature. I won't mind buying US UMD movies as they will no doubt be better/out sooner than the UK counterparts. And there's no chance of my movies being dubbed in Japanese :D
Wed 16/02/05 at 07:42
Regular
FINALLY, I can't tell you what to go for. It really depends on just how soon you want a PSP.

I personally want one right now, but I'm holding out in the hope of a more efficient unit rather than the Jap ones that have had a few problems.

They're also prone to the 'dodgy square button' problem too, don't forget - although I'm not saying all Jap units suffer.
Wed 16/02/05 at 10:15
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
But... they have said UMDs will follow the same region restrictions as DVDs - which is Europe region 2 & Japan region 2. So a Japanese PSP would most likely be able to play british UMDs :P
Wed 16/02/05 at 11:24
Regular
Double post
Wed 16/02/05 at 11:24
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> But... they have said UMDs will follow the same region restrictions as
> DVDs - which is Europe region 2 & Japan region 2. So a Japanese
> PSP would most likely be able to play british UMDs :P

Emphasis being on 'most likely'.

I'm not willing to take that risk - if I'm wrong, so be it :D

I probably won't fully utilise the movie feature anyway, but when I do, I'd rather have US versions because they'll probably be released sooner.

Advent Children will probably be the first one I buy. *drool*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.