GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS screen un-killeners"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/02/05 at 10:49
Regular
Where can I find soem nice little plastic thangs to protect my DS' screen? Tried playing Mario DS last nioght with the thumbstrap and it just got all scratched and ghey. Looked on eBay once but I found was some huge plastic console d***o crap that covered the whoel thing, and cost £6.

Find me something, ho-people.

Also, anyone else get another letter from FedEx? I've emailed ImportCrapness demanding compensation for advertising FedEx postage as free, but in a cowering sort of a manner. Bas' will ignore me anyway.
Fri 18/02/05 at 19:42
Regular
Get the Nintendo licensed ones from Japan: [URL]http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-70-ewm.html#[/URL]
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It would have been nice if there was one mention of the charges before we ordered, which is why so many people are unhappy now. And which is why I suppose many people who feel let down won't use IM again. I know I won't.
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you are importing something then it is up to the consumer to find out what charges may or not be applicable when bringing an item into the country.
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's not blameless for their, in effect, hiding of it though.
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If its for import tax you will have to stump up. Import madness is blameless for that.
Fri 18/02/05 at 14:17
Regular
I did get a reminder, which is why I emailed Importmadness, asking if they will compensate seeing as they advertised it as free postage.
Fri 18/02/05 at 13:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
"Hi, just got a reminder letter from FedEx about paying £35 importing fees on my DS I bought from you at the end of last year. As the letter points out, buried in your FAQ it does indeed say I am liable to pay these charges, but why wasn't this charge mentioned before in any way? I don't remember that it was, and when I bought the item from you the price on your site was the only price I expected to pay, which is very misleading. What are your thoughts on this and will I have to pay?
Tom Phillips."

Bet they don't reply.
Fri 18/02/05 at 13:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I ignored mine and if they got back to me, they'll probably get back to you too. And Ash hopefully if there is any justice in this cruel world.

I've emailed IM about it, so I'll see what they say.
Fri 18/02/05 at 11:57
Regular
D'oh. :\

I may just try ignoring it anyway...
Fri 18/02/05 at 10:53
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
That FedEx thing is a customs bill, not really anything to do with where you bought it. If you spend over a certain amount on foreign stuff (£30?), you are in line to pay extra customs fees for it. With a company like FedEx, they pay any customs charges on your behalf to speed up the delivery of your package, a few weeks later they then bill you for the customs charge.

I got one too :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.