GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dealing With Lowlifes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/07/04 at 18:39
Regular
I'm all for people fighting. If it's organised between people who choose to be involved, doesn't drag in innocent people, and doesn't cause too much damage to nearby property.
Then it's virtually a sport.
If it's what a bunch of people want to do, let them kill each other for all I care.

But what about dealing with lowlife scum who go out looking to drag just anyone into a fight?

I figure most of the older members will have been there a few times - you're in a pub/club, out for a good time, and some knuckle-scraping moron, drunk beyond the capacity for intelligent thought (not that they ever had very much of it), trys to start something with you / a friend.

In the street you can usually just keep walking and nothing happens. In a club you can't.

Last night one, on a dancefloor, of the aformentioned nutsacks began eyeballing my friend.
It turned out he'd spilt / sprayed something down my friend's arm, who turns to see what's happening, and the fricking missing link is glaring and muttering at him.
We weren't looking for any trouble, my friend was obviously slightly annoyed, but would have happily settled for a mutual apology. Not going to happen with this guy.

My friend held this guy's stare. Probably not really a good idea to avoid trouble. Then ape-man started those arm gestures, towards bringing his fists up.
As the sober one (driving) I tried to diffuse the situation, went to have a friendly word with the monkey, along the lines of 'hey, don't worry about it'.
Just to seperate the two of them really, hoping he'd give up on it after the moment had passed.

His response to me was an aggressive 'you get the f*** away from me'.
I gave an accepting shrug to prevent him taking anything up with me (these idiots don't need a legitimate reason to go for you, but they do seem to need some minor cue to justify it to themselves), walked away, and fortunately that was the end of it.

So far that's always worked - hold yourself well, so that you don't look like a 'victim', be calm and don't be (or come across as) remotely aggressive, be polite, and leave as soon as possible.

But after it was over I felt pretty frustrated. Thinking about it, I don't really mind the utterly disrespectful attitude so much - I genuinely don't give a toss about his opinion of me.
It was just that shrug, saying 'fair enough - you insult me, and I'll go wonder off, like you say'.

Hmm. Is it possible to diffuse an aggressive drunk whilst retaining your dignity and some self-respect at the same time?
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 03/07/04 at 23:55
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
I've told this story before.. Me and 2 friends were looking for my mates at band practice, and we walked past a pub where 2 townies (Drunk ofcourse) then said "what did you just call me?" at first we took no notice and just walked past, but then he said "Why'd you call me a fagot" and i said "we didnt call you anything" and you know how it goes, "balh blah, i heard you call me a fagot"
We were just trying to get on our way and just tried to keep it polite, but it obviously doesnt work with drunk idiots, so i started to get a bit more agressive, then we walked off, because it seemed they got distracted by something.

We turn around later up the street and we are being chased by a bunch of about 8 guys (obvious mates of the 2 guys we met earlier) and the imediatly started a fight with us.

So what was i to do, rather then fight? So i did, fourt them off, they ran off after a while, and that was that.

But down to it all, townies have the IQ of a hamster...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.