GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ace Combat"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War'.
Fri 18/02/05 at 00:30
Out today.

Just thought I'd remind you.
Tue 22/02/05 at 07:15
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hmmm.. Looks like I'll be picking up AC4 and saving my self a bundle.
Tue 22/02/05 at 00:45
Regular
Well the option to pick your squads planes is nice. Its about time you didnt have to worry about defending F5's against SU37's. Dogfighting was alot better in AC4, its always good fun to annoy the guy your trailing just by siting on his tail constantly rather than shooting. Also the Typhoon once again isnt even close to the real thing, it is the most manuverable military jet in the world, moreso than the F-22 and alot better than anything the russians have. But it has once again been relegated to the leagues of the Mig 29 and F-16. But besides all that, the game is just so much fun to play, its got a good storyline graphics are stunning and the weather effects are top notch. Well worth the money.
Mon 21/02/05 at 23:35
"period drama"
It's always hit-and-miss with squads.
Like Freedom Fighters - it would be another sub-average 3rd person shooty game without the squad stuff, which makes it a very decent experience.

Here ... it's a bit of both.
The actual AI is quite poor ... I've got about 200 targets hit, and everyone else has got about 20 each. But if they were any better, you wouldn't get to play the game much ... so I can cope with it.

And the radio-chatter stuff is excellent as always. You can answer questions in this one, which is a nice little addition, and it's always good to see some planes on your wing, and hear people's reactions to what's going on. And choosing planes for everyone is pretty good.
I'm sure I'll love my squad in the end.

But with AC4 you just felt like a legendry hero guy.
Flying over the ground troops ... "Look! Up in the sky! It's Mobius 1 - we're saved!" ... how amazing you felt.
I prefer that, I think.

Hopefully the squad thing is a little tester of (*cross fingers*) online play next time around.
Mon 21/02/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Bicycle"
Squads are the current fad, unfortunately. Guess we'll have to live with them until some publisher decides ditching 4, pointless AI characters actually help the game, rather than hinder it's appeal...

Damn those war games.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:59
"period drama"
It doesn't make you feel as 1337 as AC4 did. Mostly because the focus has changed from an individual to a squad, and you're a pretty faceless individual.

I'd rather be by myself, actually. It's quite annoying when someone in your team shoots whatever you were going after.
Although, then again, seeing a good six or seven missiles and a few bursts of cannon streaming towards a pitiful enemy is quite enjoyable.
Mon 21/02/05 at 19:24
"\(^_-)/ yea i win"
wot is the game like i have seen it ont he shelves but i never knew wot it is like . but it looks intresting
Mon 21/02/05 at 14:40
Regular
"8==="
Chocks Away > Every other flight game

Look it up.
Mon 21/02/05 at 12:58
AC4 is the only game I haven't sold or traded in since I bought my PS2. That's worthy of praise.

I'm going to pick this up at Easter hols.
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:40
"period drama"
Oh my. Do shut up.
Sun 20/02/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Steady, Go!"
It's a poor game, all you do is lock on targets and fire! There's no thinking involved, it's rubbish.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.