GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ready For Xmas!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/11/06 at 10:25
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Xmas is weeks away!

Im not going to be leaving everything till last minute this year. Im just about all sorted for xmas.

Hope that you lot arent leaving things too late ;)

I guess all xmas talk can go in here!

Are you looking forward to xmas?

Anyone not looking forward to it?
Wed 15/11/06 at 10:25
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Xmas is weeks away!

Im not going to be leaving everything till last minute this year. Im just about all sorted for xmas.

Hope that you lot arent leaving things too late ;)

I guess all xmas talk can go in here!

Are you looking forward to xmas?

Anyone not looking forward to it?
Wed 15/11/06 at 10:39
"possibly impossible"
Still need to sort out flights for Spain and when Gina and the kids will be coming home if I go off to India in Jan.

Not putting up decorations here if we do go to Spain, as we won't be here to enjoy them. They're very sparce in Spain as well, they don't go in for the commercial side all that much, though the towns are always decorated with loads of lights.
Wed 15/11/06 at 11:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Will be doing all my xmas shopping on 1st December instead of my usual strategy of leaving it to the last minute then i can sit back and do the whole pretend we're one big loving family with the folks for Xmas.
Wed 15/11/06 at 11:16
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I wish at xmas my nan would come spend the day at mums house. Every year we aske her to come spend the day there and she refuses everytime. She basically cant stand been around alot of people, and what with the great granchildren its all probably too much for her. When we go to my mums its usually

Mum and dad

Me and the 2 boys
Big sis and her 3 kids now and partner.
younger sis and her now 2 kids and partner.
And lil sister.
Oh and the dog :s

So to nan thats a house full and alot of noise!

Thing is when she doesnt come over we usually visit her, we dont all go at once but we will each pic a day to go. Never all go at the same time to see her. We give her gifts and stuff which she will put away and forget about and usually she will forget we have even been. When were there she very rarely knows who we are. She is forgetting alot of things these days. She will even forget we have invited her over and tells the people in the home she is in that we have forgotten about her and never even asked her.

Its sad because i love her to peices, it was great when she use to come over for xmas :(
Wed 15/11/06 at 11:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm not looking forward to it at all really. I usually like the feeling you get on the day but there's too much build-up and I hate the fact that people expect you to be sociable and do the whole "visiting everyone" thing.

It's like people forget I'm disabled and have been stuck in the house for that past 18 months - I have been out but it's gotten really difficult and I'd rather just be warm and cosy at home with my feet up, my dog on my lap and some crap film on the TV.

Plus there's the added bonus of my first Christmas without my old man this year ...

:^(

Wed 15/11/06 at 12:29
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Usually I buy everyone something technological or electronic because those are the only shops I really go in, but this year one of my dad's mates was visiting around about the time of my mum's birthday and he made me think more about getting presents and I've been going in shops which I wouldn't normally go in. even Monsoon Accesorize to get my mum's birthday present, where I'd normally get her a DVD or something.

For Christmas though, I've only got one present at the moment. I wander if any of you could advise me on presents for my family? They're really difficult to choose for!

I've already got a joke present for Martin (one of my brothers) but would like a serious present for each person too. That's the only present I've got though. It's this.
Wed 15/11/06 at 15:57
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm looking forward to it but as usual will probably leave it until mid December to do my shopping :P
Wed 15/11/06 at 16:07
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Timmargh wrote:
> I'm not looking forward to it at all really. I usually like the
> feeling you get on the day but there's too much build-up and I
> hate the fact that people expect you to be sociable and do the
> whole "visiting everyone" thing.

Last xmas i really couldnt be bothered with it. Some might of said i was a right miserable cow! (No i wasnt pregnant or hormonal :P)

> It's like people forget I'm disabled and have been stuck in the
> house for that past 18 months - I have been out but it's
> gotten really difficult and I'd rather just be warm and cosy at
> home with my feet up, my dog on my lap and some crap film on the
> TV.

Warm and cosy and crap on Tv, this is most days for me. Xmas is no different apart from i see more people and eat more :)

> Plus there's the added bonus of my first Christmas without my
> old man this year ...

:^(

>

I use to be a right scrooge at xmas but the kids liven things up.
Wed 15/11/06 at 16:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We do the whole family thing Christmas Eve and Boxing Day, Christmas Day is for ourselves.
Mon 20/11/06 at 08:33
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Has your Town xmas lights been turned on yet

Grimsbys was turned on, but by no one decent Coun Thompson :) I think hull had there Mayor and chuckle Brothers, and Shefield, did they have Mcfly? Lincoln i think was Colin McFarlane.

So who turned on your lights?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.