GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The First Moon Landing - Did it happen or not?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/07/04 at 18:27
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I saw a very good documentary on this not too long ago, but I won't bother you all with the details, as I'm sure you all have your own theories.

The question I want to pose to you is:

Did that first ship actually land on the Moon or was it staged?

With reason please....and theories, anything!
Thu 01/07/04 at 18:59
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Such as the EU, terrorism, Saddam Hussain and generally 99% of politics.
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:04
Regular
"SOUP!"
The American's werent sure if the moon was safe so they staged it and let the Russian's ACTUALLY go first, to act as a control subject as the Russian's would beleive it was safe as they'd 'seen' the Americans on the moon.

After the Russian's had really been up there, the American's went up for real too, though forever have their name in history for being the first there.
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Damn Yanks
Thu 01/07/04 at 19:07
Regular
"SOUP!"
Anonymous wrote:
> What other conspiracy thories are there:
>
> JFK
> Roswell - Area 51

The "UFO's" that the stupid HICKS report are American Governent airplane prototypes being tested out. The hicks formulated the rumours of alien's being there and as such people beleived that is the reason it is heavily guarded. Is it in fact heavily guarded because there are billions of dollars worth of military experiments in the form of aircraft and probably weaponry there.
Thu 01/07/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Always thought it was real because the Soviets were watching every little thing the USA did and vice versa. What would they have gained from keeping quiet about it if the landings didn't actually happen? Plus that rocket had to go somewhere, it didn't veer off and head to the nearest McDonalds when it got out of sight.
Fri 02/07/04 at 11:25
Regular
"smile, it's free"
The space race was crippling both nations economically, so perhaps there's a motive for both to conspire there.

Personally, I believe the footage of the moon landing was faked. There are far too many problems with it. However, it doesn't necessarily follow that the whole thing was staged, does it?

Imagine the embarassment if mankind's greatest ever achievement is set to be broadcast to the world, but for one reason or other no genuine footage can be transmitted. Wouldn't it make sense then, to knock up some fake footage just in case? Rather that than leave billions staring at white noise.
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Another strange theory; Spurs as a "football club"?

Someone try and explain that one!

:)
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:13
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
In regards to the space landing, I think it happened.
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
VenomByte wrote:
> The space race was crippling both nations economically, so perhaps
> there's a motive for both to conspire there.

Hmmm maybe but still if they had spent all that money trying to beat the Americans unless the US gave them a huge payoff then i don't see them agreeing to keep quiet. The moon landing was a huge propaganda tool.

Also if it was faked there are too many people who would know about it and it's human nature to be able to keep a secret about as well as David Beckham can keep a penalty from hitting Row Q.
Fri 02/07/04 at 13:22
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Wasn't there supposed to be a Japanese probe that was gonna circle the moon at low orbit and take mega hi res pictures of the whole surface, this would have picked up the equipment left on the moon and would have conclusively proved beyond all doubt that the landing took place.

Has this happened yet?

If so, where are the pictures?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.