GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My utter shame"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 12:47
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Being brought up in Cornwall means that you grow up not knowing how uncool everyone is who lives there. Cornwall is always 10 years behind everyone else in terms of fashion and I was always ten years behind everyone in Cornwall. I wasn't a hip teen but then again I never wore a shellsuit or sandals. However I did do something that still brings me terrible shame when I recall it, like I did on then train to work this morning.

One day, when I was about 13-14 I went to the hairdressers. I had a specific cut in mind and in order to make sure that I got what I wanted I took a visual aid with me. I patiently waited my turn after the ladies who worked there had asked my the question "what can I do for you?". Me "a hair cut". So after sitting there for an eternity reading out of date football mags, I got the prompt to take my place in the chair. I duly sat down and got straight-jacketed by the coverall and then timidly stuck my hand out of the sides holding a crumpled piece of paper. On the paper was a promo poster for Leathal Weapon and a picture of Riggs (Mel Gibson) holding a gun, sporting a mullet.

"Can you cut my hair to be like his please?"

Awkward silence.

"Yeah right it's like good to show us what you want".

So let's analyse what I was doing. I was asking for an imitation of the worst hair style imaginable and I was expecting that Debbie, the 17 year old YTS trainee was going to be able to deliver it for me. All for the kingly price of £4.

She started to hack at my hair with the blunt implement that passed as scissors and a deep and meaningful conversation ensued.

Her: "So d'ya know Gary?"

"No. What year is he in?"

"Sixth form"

"I'm doing my GCSE's I don't know any sixth-formers."

"Do you know Jamie?"

"No. Who's Jamie?"

"He's Gary's mate, in the year above him".

"Mmmmmmngh"

"Do you know Pete?"

"No, I DON'T KNOW ANY sixthformers!".

"He's not a sixth-former, he's in prison".

"Ah for f**..."

Then when I least expected it, the clippers where nipping at my ears, shredding the back of my neck and chewing my hair up. Hold on, clippers? You can’t create Rigg's mullet (which I though was a flowing mane at the time) with clippers. What! A shiite short back and sides was the result of my efforts.

So I embarrassed myself, my family, friends, men and my country and I never got what I wanted anyway.

Please tell me you've done something this bad? Please. I can't live with the shame.
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:47
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Being brought up in Cornwall means that you grow up not knowing how uncool everyone is who lives there. Cornwall is always 10 years behind everyone else in terms of fashion and I was always ten years behind everyone in Cornwall. I wasn't a hip teen but then again I never wore a shellsuit or sandals. However I did do something that still brings me terrible shame when I recall it, like I did on then train to work this morning.

One day, when I was about 13-14 I went to the hairdressers. I had a specific cut in mind and in order to make sure that I got what I wanted I took a visual aid with me. I patiently waited my turn after the ladies who worked there had asked my the question "what can I do for you?". Me "a hair cut". So after sitting there for an eternity reading out of date football mags, I got the prompt to take my place in the chair. I duly sat down and got straight-jacketed by the coverall and then timidly stuck my hand out of the sides holding a crumpled piece of paper. On the paper was a promo poster for Leathal Weapon and a picture of Riggs (Mel Gibson) holding a gun, sporting a mullet.

"Can you cut my hair to be like his please?"

Awkward silence.

"Yeah right it's like good to show us what you want".

So let's analyse what I was doing. I was asking for an imitation of the worst hair style imaginable and I was expecting that Debbie, the 17 year old YTS trainee was going to be able to deliver it for me. All for the kingly price of £4.

She started to hack at my hair with the blunt implement that passed as scissors and a deep and meaningful conversation ensued.

Her: "So d'ya know Gary?"

"No. What year is he in?"

"Sixth form"

"I'm doing my GCSE's I don't know any sixth-formers."

"Do you know Jamie?"

"No. Who's Jamie?"

"He's Gary's mate, in the year above him".

"Mmmmmmngh"

"Do you know Pete?"

"No, I DON'T KNOW ANY sixthformers!".

"He's not a sixth-former, he's in prison".

"Ah for f**..."

Then when I least expected it, the clippers where nipping at my ears, shredding the back of my neck and chewing my hair up. Hold on, clippers? You can’t create Rigg's mullet (which I though was a flowing mane at the time) with clippers. What! A shiite short back and sides was the result of my efforts.

So I embarrassed myself, my family, friends, men and my country and I never got what I wanted anyway.

Please tell me you've done something this bad? Please. I can't live with the shame.
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
My Mum cut my hair like Bart Simpson's once, for an Indian wedding we went to - I was 11. And no, it didn't look one bit like Bart Simpson's hair, it fell down for a start! One hairstyle that always makes me laugh is when someone has really short hair, but has tried to make a middle parting - it looks like a squashed spider sitting atop the bonce!
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:58
Regular
"8==="
Got my head shaved, and being a skinny kid, I looked like an aids victim.

Or Chernobyl.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I need a haircut, it's well long now. If I look right up I can feel it halfway down my back.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Monkey_man has mattribute style hair.

Only mine owns you.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
A "VW" sign shaved into the back? That'll be mine. I think the fact that the teachers were laughing at it so much is the only reason I got away with it.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:48
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> A "VW" sign shaved into the back? That'll be mine. I think
> the fact that the teachers were laughing at it so much is the only
> reason I got away with it.

I feel somewhat better now. I had my hair in a pony tail once. I really rocked when I was young...
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
the sagacious one wrote:
> I feel somewhat better now. I had my hair in a pony tail once. I
> really rocked when I was young...

Heh, up until January of this year, my ponytailed hair was down to my waist and undercut. I'm a buzzcut now, and the equation: -

Time Spent In Morning sorting hair our - amount saved in conditioner and shampoo + convenience =

A far happier chappy.
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:55
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Gee thanks for making me think about this and making me remember the horror of having waist length very dark hair, tightly permed, that ended up looking like I was wearing a wig belonging to King Charles.

But that wasn't the end of it, oh nooooo, I didn't take care of it and eventually ended up looking like Crystaltips and which point my aunt dragged me to a posh salon in Leeds. The poor woman didn't know where to start but by the time she finished it was approximately 2 inches long :(
Mon 28/06/04 at 13:59
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Gee thanks for making me think about this and making me remember the
> horror of having waist length very dark hair, tightly permed, that
> ended up looking like I was wearing a wig belonging to King Charles.

What would life be without those "Dear lord, what was I thinking!??!?!?!" moments. Another of mine. Buying the "Wilson Phillips" album. [URL]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000002UW5/102-2733692-9909740?v=glance[/URL] Ignore the 5 star reviews. They are all lying, and trying to corrupt you into thinking this album "might be good"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.