GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which Broadband Service?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/06/04 at 01:54
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Which Broadband Service?

Just been looking at broadband prices, because i want Xbox Live

Which is the best...Wanadoo is a maybe
Tue 29/06/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm very tempted by FREEOLA BB, actually. Any price drops you can make us aware of, sometime in the near future?
Tue 29/06/04 at 09:50
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Add to that the fact that you get a static IP address which is EXTREMELY useful if you need to contact your PC remotely or gain trusted access to a remote system (e.g. your place of work).

And the fact you can run servers without any restrictions.

And the fact that none of our ports are blocked so you can P2P to your hearts content.

You certainly get what you pay for with other providers.
Mon 28/06/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Freeola Support"
Depends which person you get on NTL's customer services. Freeola's broadband services are uncapped (of course if you've looked at [URL]http://freeola.com/broadband/[/URL] you would have already seen this) so you never have to worry about going over a certain limit and then being slowed down or cut off which most ISP's like to hide.
Mon 28/06/04 at 11:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I've experienced NTL in Cambridge and Essex, and have met with simpletons in both areas when I've had to ring customer service (many times). They actually managed to get themselves into an impossible situation to get of once, just by being mongs, and it ended up with them having to more or less wipe the slate clean with this big mess they made.
Mon 28/06/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just looking into some other stuff connected to BroadBand. Because we've got NTL digital here, we've got NTLworld for the Internet and an NTL phoneline. I reckons I can convinve the parental units to go back to BT for a single phoneline, get a digital Freeview box, and then some sort of BB package. Loads cheaper.
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
...which is quite amusing as I'd recommend NTL to anyone in this area, the service (including customer services) has been top notch.
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's purely for the uploading with FREEOLA, there are a lot of services much cheaper.
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:56
Regular
Heh, yeah, NTL ain't gonna win no prizes either!

If you're after BB, check this place out [URL]http://www.adslguide.org[/URL] . That way, you can compare services and find the ISP best for you. I don't know how good FREEOLA are myself, but after researching other ISPs, I'm going for either Pipex or Plusnet.
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:52
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I hate AOL with a passion. Did my lecturer get my coursework? No. Did I get his important emails? No. I've never known a service to be so unreliable, and I'm with NTL!
Mon 28/06/04 at 10:47
Regular
Freeserve/Wanadoo and AOL are very good at misleading customers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.