GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Newcastle United = Best Team Ever ! ! ! ! ! !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 27/06/04 at 22:39
Regular
Newcastle Rule ! ! ! !

Darren Ambrose !
Shola Ameobi !
Craig Bellamy !
Olivier Bernard !
Lee Bowyer !
Titus Bramble !
Martin Brittain !
Tony Caig !
Stephen Caldwell !
Michael Chopra !
Kieron Dyer!
Robbie Elliott !
Shay Given !
Steve Harper !
Aaron Hughes !
Jermaine Jenas !
Lomana LuaLua !
Jamie McClen !
Andy O'Brien !
Bradley Orr !
Laurent Robert !
Alan Shearer !
Gary Speed !
Steven Taylor !
Hugo Viana !
Jonathan Woodgate !

Are some of the best footballers in the world ! ! ! !

Do you have any comments ? ?
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Hmmm each to thier own i suppose. Its a good job we dont all support the same team as it would get BORING!!!
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:21
Regular
Colourless wrote:

> Yeah I knew that bit, but I wasn't sure if it was legal to anyway.
> But never mind.
>

well it isn't at the moment as they have a 3 year premier league contract with sky, and the league might try and stop them but if they used legal routes and persisted it would be possible once the sky contract expired.

Man utd, liverpool and chelsea were tipped for it at one point a couple of years ago
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Colourless"
Virtuoso wrote:
> (P.S, it's the fans of Liverpool who have the CR's, not the players
> :D )

Yeah thats the Everton players.... heh :D
Mon 28/06/04 at 16:10
Regular
I really hope this topic is a really bad joke. I've supported Newcastle all my life, but I'm also realistic, and as they are they're not a world class team, mainly due to the amount of injuries they have.

To be fair they would have been in with a good chance of winning the UEFA cup last season if it wasn't for the fact they were basically playing a reserve team.

They're gonna be pretty stuck when Shearer retires mind.
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Colourless"
Ashley wrote:
> if they broadcast all games live
> they'd just be screwing themselves over, as it would effect gates or
> the prices they could charge for tickets.

Yeah I knew that bit, but I wasn't sure if it was legal to anyway. But never mind.

However they could use your reason to their advantage. Well I think Ken Bates might have tried it if he was here, but I don't think Roman is clever enough.

Putting live games on the channel, they could easily up the price of ChelseaTV subscriptions, by quite a lot of money as well. If that decreases ticket sales of the regulars, this would leave more available tickets for others to buy, and lets face it - there would be no shortage of buyers, and therefore they could make a lot more money out of it.

I highly doubt they'll ever do that though....
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:53
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Colourless wrote:

I wouldn't have said a criminal record. I'd have been more specific, like GBH or binge drinking in public and indecent exposure or something....
-------------

That's what I meant :P

(P.S, it's the fans of Liverpool who have the CR's, not the players :D )
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Colourless"
Virtuoso wrote:
> Don't you have to have a criminal record to sign for Newcastle?

Ah thats just so rich coming from a scouser :P

I wouldn't have said a criminal record. I'd have been more specific, like GBH or binge drinking in public and indecent exposure or something....
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:49
Regular
(colourless reply ctv)well they can, they aren't legally obliged to sell their match rights to sky, and could theoretically sell them seperately from the league. however if they broadcast all games live they'd just be screwing themselves over, as it would effect gates or the prices they could charge for tickets.
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:47
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Don't you have to have a criminal record to sign for Newcastle?
Mon 28/06/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Colourless"
Chelsea TV can't show the game the same day, as it isn't allowed (summat to do with rights) but they show the full game with commentary at 12am Sunday morning (i.e as soon as it is legal).

Yeah I listen to most games on Big Blue, if I'm not there or out, but I wouldn't call that watching every game.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.