GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Message for regulars"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 24/04/01 at 16:30
Regular
I think that "newbies" generally are treated rather badly, they are given perhaps more 'abuse' than they intirely deserve. Have you guys ever thought that some of the newbies are intimidated by the regulars? They (the newbies) read the topics and then try to write something along the lines of what has preceeded it because they want to conform with the general ideas in the discussions. I'll admit, it is rather annoying when the same argument keeps on rearing its ugly head but the solution is quite simple. Just don't read the darn thread! Another point is this, if you regulars don't care about the game a day prize (etc) then why make such a fuss when a newbie wins it? If these newbies are so annoying then surely you (the regulars) should be happy to take their prize and never darken this web discussion site again.
I would have liked to have made my points more strongly but I have no time to re-draft this as I'm going to the pub

[I have no idea whether I am a newbie or regular but then who cares?]
Tue 24/04/01 at 22:21
Whats this about???, regulars don't give newbies stick, they just post what they think.

Well thats what i think

No can be mean enough to give anyone stick for no reason on here can they???
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:25
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Your Honour

I think you are correct in what you say about less accidents, more stupidity.

Part of the problem is, well an accident is never your fault any more.

Fall off a ladder, who's ladder is it? Let's have some money.

This attitude means that the less-aware have to be constantly mollycoddled by the more-astute.

As a result many people now do not want responsibility. They want to float along being mollycoddled instead. No blame for anything.

Now there has to be two people per ladder and written instructions on how to use it.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:13
er-no wrote:
I get fed up with the newbies that keep on
> posting like Dringo, but if you stay around, its a great place were
> arguments are settled and debates are brought up...

Er... Dringo has been here for a year by the way! And he isn't high in the top posters of all time. (27)
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:11
cheers i'm planning to stay for a while (stop whining)!! (:)
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:11
Regular
Er-no, i wasnt mention in you last post about the newbies. I'll take that as a good sign :-)

Also, the IQ thing? As you get older your IQ tends towards 100. Your IQ is your intelligence Ratio, its your actual intelligence divided by the intelligence you should have at that age times 100.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
I was never a newbie! Why? because I have always been here, but I didn't post till for a long time, also my first ever post was not about the FOG it was infact all the answers to GR 50 question quiz....

also Grix, has a point, I don't mind the newbies that stay like Time_Warp I get fed up with the newbies that keep on posting like Dringo, but if you stay around, its a great place were arguments are settled and debates are brought up...
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:06
Regular
How could it be a normal distribution? With a minimum of 0 it couldn`t be. Perhaps a poisson (no not the fish) with the right shape, but normal seems doubtful.

I don`t quite believe the bit about tending towards 100. It is fair enough that there are more cases located around the mean, but it depends more on the genes than simply the stats. Both parents must be taken into account.
Tue 24/04/01 at 20:03
what an accusation! (:)
Tue 24/04/01 at 19:59
Regular
Are you trying to suggest that I have ginger hair?
Tue 24/04/01 at 19:57
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Apparently though (according to what I've read) the general trend is for IQ scores to regress back to the mean (100). So supposing you have a parent with an IQ of 120, yours will probably be around 112, give or take a few.

Obviously this doesn't always hold true, but it's a general rule which must be correct most of the time to keep the mean as a normal distribution centred around 100.

I'm not sure about the whole natural selection thing myself. Surely it should have resulted in the extinction of ginger-haired people by now? ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.