GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"'The Sun' wants you to boycott anything Swiss ¬_¬"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 26/06/04 at 12:24
Regular
I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS CAMPAIGN BY THE SUN!

----
If it's Swiss give it a miss [URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004292148,00.html[/URL]
THE Sun made a giant bonfire of cuckoo clocks last night.

We are urging readers to tear down any Swiss timepieces in their homes and turn up the heat on Urs Meier by throwing them in the fire.

THE Sun urges its readers to BOYCOTT all things Swiss to show their disgust at Urs Meier’s terrible performance.

Your efforts could force the Swiss football association to think carefully about further employing the dodgy shopkeeper.

So check your drawers and cupboards and chuck the following into the bin:

1: Swiss rolls.
2: Fondue sets.
3: Cuckoo clocks.
4: Emmenthal cheese (the stuff with holes in).
5: Toblerone choc bars.
6: Swatch watches.
7: Swiss army knives.
8: Swiss bank accounts.
9: Alpen.
10: Alpenhorns.

----

Good grief ¬_¬ this is a new low for The Sun, I mean come on, how is burning a Cuckoo clock and not eating Swiss Rolls going to make the Swiss football association think twice before employing the guy. I don't think they'll care nor will the people who read this article in their paper.

Also I love Toblerone bars :P
Wed 30/06/04 at 11:30
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Fooly Cooly wrote:
>>
> The email attack was equally frightening.
>

Anyone want to go to the Sun offices now?
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:45
Regular
I think the Editor of The Sun needs some serious disciplinary action as thi is immature, pathetic and not setting a good example to kids.

Glad to see the Swiss not taking no shat though :)
Wed 30/06/04 at 10:31
Regular
For christ's sake they're still at it.

----
Swiss declare war on Sun [URL]http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004300994,00.html[/URL]

WAR-dodging Switzerland finally went into battle yesterday — against The Sun.

The nation of clock-makers, who declared themselves neutral way back in 1815, went cuckoo over our jibes at bungling Euro 2004 referee Urs Meier.

A radio station urged listeners to BOMBARD Britain’s favourite newspaper with phone calls — and we were hit by a BLITZ of emails.

Zurich radio station Energy NRJ hit back by launching “The Big Revenge”.

DJ Roman Kilchsperger told listeners to “Give the s*** back to the English.”

He gave out our phone number on air and goaded fans into making “abusive calls”. Then they came in their dozens — many of them from the DJ’s own foul-mouthed colleagues.

The email attack was equally frightening.

Max Geiser, of Beil, blasted: “Why do you think that our best Swiss referee should be guilty of England’s out in Portugal? Ask your big star Beckham why he did not score the penalty!”

Pascal Hoffmeir raged: “This is war on England but we cannot boycott English food because it is so lousy.”

Sebastien Wilmott, of Zurich, gunned: “Maybe you think this is rugby and you are good at that.”

Now YOU can get your own back on cocky DJ Kilchsperger by phoning his mobile on 00 41 ******922 or emailing him on ***********@energyzueri.ch. Or call the radio station direct on 0041 ******00. Give ‘em hell!
----

I edited the emails and numbers but they're on The Sun's site. I can't believe they did that, why couldnt they just let it go.
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
F**king idiots.
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:40
Regular
Idiots, but it's kinda funny at the same time.

Makes the English look really stupid though.
Mon 28/06/04 at 17:37
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
ßulle†† wrote:
> What a bunch of wanktards
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:13
Regular
What a bunch of wanktards
Mon 28/06/04 at 12:12
Regular
The Sun are at it again ¬_¬ good grief

IMAGE [URL]http://images.thesun.co.uk/picture/0,,2004291304,00.jpg[/URL]

"Stick it up your Urs!

THE Sun flew the flag for England yesterday — by putting our giant Cross of St George outside the shop run by the Swiss ref who robbed us in Euro 2004.

Urs Meier might have seen Sol Campbell’s winning goal differently to everyone else, but even he would have been unable to miss our standard.

Neighbours and friends of the blundering ref gawped in amazement as the 100ft x 150ft flag was laid out in front of the building where Meier has a household appliance shop in Wurensol, near Zurich.

..."
Sun 27/06/04 at 22:52
Regular
"tokyo police club"
For this, I love The Sun.
Sun 27/06/04 at 22:24
Regular
Oh dear, what a bunch of pathetic morons.

The Sun I mean :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.