GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Argo's CameCube + 1 game £49.99"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 20/02/05 at 15:44
Regular
"and PC user"
So is this the cheapest price yet for a GameCube?

Certainly good news if you are looking to buy one soon. Not so good if you have just bought one for £79.99.

How much (or how little) profit is Nintendo making on their GameCube console now?
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
Macintosh wrote:
> O and btw, Argo's are often the cheapest for games. Not so stupid
> now.

Yeah £40 is the normal price for a game!
Sun 20/02/05 at 18:40
Regular
"Pwned"
Tomoose wrote:
> Yeah £40 is the normal price for a game!

Are you serious? I bought Metroid Prime 2 for 32 quid, brand new, on the day of it's release from Gamestation. When the gamecube first came out, the games were at around 40, but these days you can pick up most of them for 10 pounds, if they're pre-owned. I suspect Gamestaion would be selling Super Mario Sunshine for 8 pounds at the moment.
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:10
"period drama"
firestarter wrote:
> Are you serious?

No he wasn't.
You should have stopped writing there.
Sun 20/02/05 at 19:49
Regular
"Plate of glue"
What game comes with it?
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:03
Regular
Argos stopped selling most Gamecube stock a while ago.

They are still selling a few player choice titles and the Mario Kart/Platinum Gamecube combo for the price of £79.99...

It was just the old gamecube bundles that weren't selling that they wanted to shift.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:04
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I remember when I used to buy N64 games for £50.

Silly me.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Plate of glue"
Ashley_90 wrote:
> I remember when I used to buy N64 games for £50.
>
> Silly me.

My nate bought Donkey Kong 64 for £70. Insane!
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:22
Regular
Turok for £60... those were the days.

Now games at SR are a mere £27.99

Now there we have some bargains.
Sun 20/02/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
As much as I loved the N64, I missed out on so many classics.

The only games I managed to play were -

Goldeneye - (didn't actually have it but my mate did and I used to go to his house ALL the time to play multiplayer) :D

Super Smash Bros - I completed this game about 100 times. I mean, I couldn't just pay £60 for it, complete it in one day and never play it again, I had to make my moneys worth.

Pokemon Stadium - Really liked the Mini Games on this, the single player was okay I guess.

Banjo Kazooie - This was the only game out of the 5 that I played alone.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - This was the last N64 game me and my mates bought and boy was it fun, again - i'm talking about the multiplayer, the single player was ignored.

The N64 had so many Multiplayer games and thats why I still like it so much. Me and my mates did give Perfect Dark a try (rented it) for multiplayer only cause we weren't really into single player but it wasn't as fun as Goldeneye and the controls were a bit weird.

I was only about 6 - 7 years old when I had my N64 so my opinions on the games are probably different now if I were to play them again but from what I remember the N64 was the only console that sent a big thrill down my spine everytime I played it against my mates.

Then the PS1 came out, I moved away from my mates (:() and I started to play single player games...alone. How boring.

:D

When I had the N64 I used to put money together with my friends to buy the games because they were so expensive but when I had my PS1 and no (close) friends I had to pay for the games myself (well, my parents did...) so I didn't have many games for the PS1.

Anyway, i just hope Revolution is more like the N64 and less like the Cube (not that theres anything wrong with the Cube).

EDIT | Damn, didn't mean to type that much.

:D
Sun 20/02/05 at 21:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Strid, I thank you for showing you at least have a half decent taste in games, especially after a head in hands moment in the Sheff Sport thread.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.