GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"FECKING URGENT HELP NEEDED - involves suicide and guilt and stuff."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 24/06/04 at 18:18
"slightlyshortertagl"
Right, a very good friend of mine (Mary - name changed) is talking to me on MSN, and she's very unhappy.

Two years ago today a close friend of hers hanged herself off a motorway bridge.

Mary is feeling guilty, very guilty about this. Mary is convinced that the girl had had it all planned out before hand, and that the girl was making subtle hints about it all day to Mary.

Mary is possibly very close to doing the same, she's a messed up girl.

What can I say or do to Mary to try and help her out?

Serious answers only.

Please.

~~~

UPDATE; She's not going to top herself. Thank God. But she's still insanely guilty.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:25
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
There are also berievement counciling sessions at your local church. These are free and confidential.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:22
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Damarus wrote:
> ... People who don't even play games talk in here.

Aye.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:21
"slightlyshortertagl"
Anonymous wrote:
> I wouldn't ask for help with something like that in a gaming forum
>
> FFS man

you've been here 66 days.

Feck off.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:14
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
Depressed people can hide a lot, and a suicidle person will not tell anyone what they are going to do. They blame themselves for everything that happens to them and they believe death is the only way out for them. Everyone else will be better off without them. Guilt is always the worst part of this tragedy. No one is to blame when this happens. There are a lot of places you can ring for help or someone to talk to. The samaritans are there 24 hours a day. 0845 7 909090 also www.samaritans.org.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:14
Regular
Anonymous wrote:
> gaming forum?

This is general chat. People who don't even play games talk in here.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:10
Regular
"Insert Gently"
I wouldn't ask for help with something like that in a gaming forum

FFS man
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:46
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Just try to convince her that it's not her fault and that she couldn't have seen it coming.
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:38
"slightlyshortertagl"
UPDATE; She's not going to top herself. Thank God. But she's still insanely guilty.
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:35
Regular
"SOUP!"
Righty mister niddle, here you go, send her here - http://www.a1b2c3.com/suilodge/

Its huge cheer up; or alternatively paste bits of it that you think will help her. Its cheered me up from the deep bowels of depression many times.

Also 0345 90 90 90 - the samaratains.

Hope she's ok.
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:32
Regular
I can't really add to anything people have been saying... you just can't change what's happened, and maybe under circumstances things could have been different, but what has been has been. I doubt very much the girl who killed herself would have wanted anyone to feel hurt or bad anymore than they normally would, and for your friend to be considering doing the same just can't be what the girl would ever want.

Good luck sir.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.