GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"YH QotD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 13:31
Regular
If I confessed to having ginger hair, would it alter whatever opinion you currently have of me?

On these forums people build up a mental picture/opinion based on what a person writes.

If you found out that the actual person was completely different from your mental image of them, would that affect you at all?

Say Bob was a fantastic poster on here, intelligent, witty, friendly etc, then you found out at weekends he was a football holigan, for exmple, how would that affect you mental image of him?

Would you still give him the same amount of respect on here?
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:46
"I love yo... lamp."
It wouldn't really change the way I thought about you if you turned out to look different, but for something like the football hooligan thing then yes it would have an effect. No matter how good a poster you were and how much liked you were before, after hearing that I would think differently.
Mon 21/06/04 at 18:30
Regular
Ginger - no
Hooligan - yes, but some hooligans, seem to treat it a bit like a sport, and only target other people who arrange and agree to be involved. There's still the issue of damage to property and risks of innocents being drawn in, and the drain on the health service (though then you have to look at people who partake in dangerous sports..). Then there's the potential repurcussions for their clubs...
But for the most part, for these people, I see it as a sport, they're adults, they can choose to fight amongst themselves if they like.

Not the point of the thread I know, but, well, you did ask :^)
Mon 21/06/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I usually imagine people on here to look like friends of mine, depending on who they're most like ...

... Goatboy was a bloke called Adam (who lives in Boston, USA) because the tone of a lot of his posts resembled emails I got;

... Mystique was a girl called Givvi - they're almost be interchangeable personality-wise;

... FFF was a bloke called Dell (yes: Dell) because they have a similar sense of humour ... I'm still not totally sure that it isn't him!

As for the football hooligan thing: I'd be disappointed and would probably lose some respect for him, but it wouldn't change the way I spoke to him or treated him - I'd probably avoid certains topics, though, like football!
Mon 21/06/04 at 16:04
Regular
"you've got a beard"
would hair colour change my opinion of someone? absolutely not.
would it change if i found out they were, as you suggested, a football hooligan or something equally idiotic then yes, it would change.
but that'd just be my opinion of them as a person, i'd still give their views a fair hearing.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:34
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Would you still give him the same amount of respect on here?

Of course......
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:34
Regular
"I love Dave music"
What if I don't have ginger hair? Would you think any less of me?

;-p

GL
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:30
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Your Honour wrote:
> If I confessed to having ginger hair, would it alter whatever opinion
> you currently have of me?

I already thought you had ginger hair. So no, my opinion of you wouldn't change.

Perhaps if you elaborated and said you had the ginger hair on your palms or the soles of your feet it might make a difference.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:13
Regular
go on then what are you hiding YH? your a secret siamese triplet and are actually PB and Meka as well and live in a house built out of free GAD game boxes!?

If Bob was a football Hooligan I would be quite amused! (until he did something crazy)

A lot of people have probably forund the appearance issue on Special observe. With people looking significanly different to what people expected.
Mon 21/06/04 at 14:04
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
To me, most people on here are quirky mental pictures based on their username. For instance, Your Honour would be a judge with an orange wig now. :D

Sure, they are people on the other side of the posts but I'm pretty useless with faces, so even if you showed me a picture of you, I'd forget it within a week.

As for the football hooligan section, I'd be disappointed that they take that kind of action but they are people and I'd like to think that my actions on these boards have a positive effect on people even though the majority don't take it seriously.

I don't know if that makes sense.
Mon 21/06/04 at 13:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
David Devant and his spirit wife

“Ginger”

Do you feel born out of time,
Does all the world seem behind you?
You must be ginger.
And when you walk down the street,
Do people tread on your heels?
And wag a finger?

Have you got plans in your head?
Do you wish they’d all go drop dead?
Because they don’t understand
They think you’re from another land

Ginger
It’s not the same for you
In another life maybe
We’d all be ginger and free.

Do people tell you you’re wrong?
Won’t let you feel you belong
In their club?
You’re an outsider.
And when they shout “Freckle face”
It makes you feel out of place,
You’re in the dentists char
Open wider.

Chorus
We’re gonna be
GINGER AND FRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.