GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"General arguments to get people arguing."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/06/04 at 10:08
Regular
"Kram"
Everyone says Oasis didn't crack america, but to date they have sold far more records there than Coldplay. Be Here Now shot straight to the top of the billboard charts. Also you could ask anyone on xbox live if they've heard of them and they will have.

Rory Gallagher is technically a better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix, personally I think his songs are also better, anyone heard Crest Of a Wave?

We don't have to worry about pop music ruining the music industry, because credible music will always be more successful. People that like crap music also like credible music, but people that like credible music don't usually like crap music. Look at the biggest groups: Beatles, Led Zepplin, Rolling Stones... (Most are British too!)

White teenage Americans are obsessed with black rap culture, you just need to play xbox live to realise that.

I'm glad football isn't big in America, because they would do what they've done with punk rock music and many other things, they'd reinvent it and make oout as if they created it and it would never be they same.
(At leats we play our football with our feet!)

P.S. Does anyone else think the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman are they best books ever?
Thu 24/06/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Cyclone wrote:
> Culture doesn't always mean Western 'High' culture - i.e the arts;
> opera, art, music, dance etc.
>
> A culture is a collective of ideals and processes - black rap culture
> being one. Just because it's not 'High' culture, does not mean it's
> not a culture.

I realise that, because there is obviously stoner culture and goth culture, neither of which are quite as openly violent. You have to realise that I am just someone who is against the way it glorifies violent stuff and the music itself.
Thu 24/06/04 at 16:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I don't like Jimi Hendrix much at all.
Thu 24/06/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Kram"
Der Nazi wrote:

'Maybe so, but you have to realise that Hendrix influenced a lot of bands, and his style has been copied by many since. His music was incredibly revoloutionary and changed the face of rock.'

People who say they were influenced greatly by RG:

Slash, Johnny Marr, Noel Gallagher just to name a few. He sold 30 million records. Consider that he never sold a single! He was the only person to sell that many without the extra publicity gained from singles. Have you heard his music? If not listen to his Deuce album and you'll realise the sort of music he inspired.
Thu 24/06/04 at 15:55
Regular
"Kram"
Ineed sleep wrote:
'I've looked and looked but I can't find the koke or carcasm in that.'

Who said it was f****n' joke!

P.S. I know this a comepletely pointless, probably statisically wrong Topic, but I was bored and wanted to start an argument.
Wed 23/06/04 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
> White teenage Americans are obsessed with black rap culture, you
> just
> need to play xbox live to realise that.
>
> Culture? You can't really call a fair amount of it culture, ie
> glamorising arnament and all that.
>
>

Culture doesn't always mean Western 'High' culture - i.e the arts; opera, art, music, dance etc.

A culture is a collective of ideals and processes - black rap culture being one. Just because it's not 'High' culture, does not mean it's not a culture.
Wed 23/06/04 at 19:49
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
MarkF wrote:
> Rory Gallagher is technically a better guitarist than Jimi Hendrix,
> personally I think his songs are also better, anyone heard Crest Of a
> Wave?

Maybe so, but you have to realise that Hendrix influenced a lot of bands, and his style has been copied by many since. His music was incredibly revoloutionary and changed the face of rock.

> White teenage Americans are obsessed with black rap culture, you just
> need to play xbox live to realise that.

Culture? You can't really call a fair amount of it culture, ie glamorising arnament and all that.

> I'm glad football isn't big in America, because they would do what
> they've done with punk rock music and many other things, they'd
> reinvent it and make oout as if they created it and it would never be
> they same.
> (At leats we play our football with our feet!)

I can see what you mean- punk used to be made by British punks; now it's made by American skaters.
Wed 23/06/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
MarkF wrote:
> isn't big in America, because they would do what they've done with punk
> rock music, they'd reinvent it and make oout as if they created it

I've looked and looked and looked but cannot find the joke or sarcasm in that.
Wed 23/06/04 at 14:09
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Arcady
I love you (but you're green)
He will fall.

All favourites.

Deserves a listen to now, I believe.

'Fire and damnation, lamentation'
Tue 22/06/04 at 21:33
Regular
"Kram"
Thanks for that, it's brilliant. 'Arcady' was great but also 'A Little Death In The Eyes' and 'He Will Fall.'
They're good just acoustic but I can't help thinking they'd be even better if he made them with the libs.
Mon 21/06/04 at 11:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
[URL]http://www.babyshambles.net/[/URL]

It's all free, just 'save target as' for all of teh pictures (except the top and bottom one) after you enter the site, or whatever.

arcady is the 'star track', and possibly 'I love you (but you're green)'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.