GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BIG BROTHER : BRAWL HAS BIG BROTHER GONE TO FAR?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 21:38
Regular
"56 000"
Earlier I read the newspaper and then I looked at Yahoo news and I copied it so you can read it.

Big Brother black out after brawl

LONDON (Reuters) - "Big Brother" was taken off air for 90 minutes early today after screaming housemates threatened to kill each other and had to be dragged apart by security guards.

Producers of the reality TV show said they pulled the plug when contestants pushed one another, hurled trays and unleashed a torrent of swearing.

Police said on Thursday they were examining the brawl.

"We've obtained a copy of the tape of last night's footage and we're looking at it with a view to seeing whether there's anything to take forward," said a spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police.

One contestant was physically sick from the shock after a food fight spiralled out of control.

Bodybuilder Jason Cowen, 30, screamed at 21-year-old student Marco Sabba: "I'll knock you out. I'll take your head off, end of story."

Legal administrator Emma Greenwood, 20, hurled insults at student Victor Ebuwa, 23, who replied: "Don't ever f*** with me Emma -- one warning, that's all. Get out of my face."

Student Vanessa Nimmo, 26, accused bank clerk Nadia Almada, 27, of calling her a **** and the pair traded insults.

The live feed on Channel 4 and digital channel E4 was cut from 1:20 a.m. (0020 GMT) to 3 a.m. on Thursday.

Viewers were shown an outside shot of the house as guards were called in for the first time in five series of the show.

"We are monitoring the situation closely," a Channel 4 spokeswoman said. "We are more concerned about their health and welfare than ratings."

Television watchdogs said the chaos marked a new low for reality TV shows desperate to attract viewers with ever more shocking scenes.

"They are really scraping the barrel by creating controversy," said John Beyer, director of Mediawatch, a TV standards campaign group. "I wish they'd take it off permanently."

There has already been nudity, the suggestion of sex and frequent argument on the show.

In a bid to attract audiences and counter accusations the formula has grown tired, its producers have deliberately tried to create a tense environment.

The slogan for the fifth series is "Big Brother Gets Evil" and among the original housemates were an aspiring glamour model, a political activist and a former asylum seeker.

They are made to perform a variety of tasks and contestants are evicted from the house each week in a public vote. The last one standing in seven weeks will win a prize of up to 100,000 pounds.

Any comments?
Is it on for TV shows to put people through this when they knew this kind of thing was gonna happen. I mean putting different personalities I mean very different personalities together is bound to cause this.

I THINK BIG BROTHER HAS GONE TOO FAR.HAVE YOU?
Sat 19/06/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> The thing that annoys me the most is apparently the police are
> looking into it. Ermmmm why? Not enough motorists to catch nowadays?
> Stop being so bloody stupid and get on catching proper criminals
> instead of investigating a bit of slapping between some Z list
> celebrities.

I couldn't agree more, this is taking things a little too far. So they had a bit of a fight, big deal. Apparently some viewers actually called the police themselves, what a waste of their time that was.
Sat 19/06/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
mog wrote:
> The fight was cool. If it was crap why did so many watch it. Like it
> or not it's what we want to see. Bring on the fights. Then we can
> all say wasn't that terrible, what a disgrace, and love it.

*getting excited* yepey...............
Sat 19/06/04 at 10:38
Regular
"now speaks Japanese"
The fight was cool. If it was crap why did so many watch it. Like it or not it's what we want to see. Bring on the fights. Then we can all say wasn't that terrible, what a disgrace, and love it.
Sat 19/06/04 at 09:36
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
Azul wrote:
> Big Brother is crap, you hussies.

i agree , not!
Sat 19/06/04 at 08:24
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Big Brother is crap, you hussies.

I know, but compare it with everything else on TV, and you'll see why I often catch it.

Usually channel 5 is the only TV channel I watch, becasue they show half decent films, channel 4 sometimes show good films too, but with big Brother on, they won't.

Moo.
Sat 19/06/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Big Brother is crap, you hussies.
Fri 18/06/04 at 22:38
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
We want more fights.
Fri 18/06/04 at 22:29
Regular
My opinion: You really need a girlfriend you loser.
Fri 18/06/04 at 21:36
Regular
"56 000"
Just watched todays Big Brother and quite a few of them are getting warnings. I reckon that Marco and Jason will have another argument or bicker. What do you think?

Emmas certainly going to have a hard time when she leaves the bedsit. probably end up conflicting with Victor. The housemates will just have to try and get as they won't be able to norminate for several days anyway.

I read in the paper that some of the housemates might be facing criminal charges for the brawl which happened yesterday.

I found this on the yahoo news page if you want to find out about the criminal charges bit.

Several early morning viewers of the reality TV show phoned the police this week when insults, threats and the odd kitchen implement started flying in a boozy brawl that left the set a shambles.
Hertfordshire Police reviewed tapes of the incident with an eye for criminal charges and a university criminologist severed his ties with the show Friday as behavioral experts blamed the production company's pursuit of ratings for the fracas.

Do you think the police will charge some of the housemates or not? or maybe the production team of Big Brother might be charged. Opinions?
Fri 18/06/04 at 20:28
Regular
"\\"
How dare people say that the fight last night was not incredibly entertaining. I only watch BB usually to pass the time as C4 is the only channel with good things on, but when BB comes around, there's nothing. But it was actually entertaining last night I wanna see all the fighting that went on, not just the cut down crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.