GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BIG BROTHER : BRAWL HAS BIG BROTHER GONE TO FAR?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 21:38
Regular
"56 000"
Earlier I read the newspaper and then I looked at Yahoo news and I copied it so you can read it.

Big Brother black out after brawl

LONDON (Reuters) - "Big Brother" was taken off air for 90 minutes early today after screaming housemates threatened to kill each other and had to be dragged apart by security guards.

Producers of the reality TV show said they pulled the plug when contestants pushed one another, hurled trays and unleashed a torrent of swearing.

Police said on Thursday they were examining the brawl.

"We've obtained a copy of the tape of last night's footage and we're looking at it with a view to seeing whether there's anything to take forward," said a spokeswoman for Hertfordshire police.

One contestant was physically sick from the shock after a food fight spiralled out of control.

Bodybuilder Jason Cowen, 30, screamed at 21-year-old student Marco Sabba: "I'll knock you out. I'll take your head off, end of story."

Legal administrator Emma Greenwood, 20, hurled insults at student Victor Ebuwa, 23, who replied: "Don't ever f*** with me Emma -- one warning, that's all. Get out of my face."

Student Vanessa Nimmo, 26, accused bank clerk Nadia Almada, 27, of calling her a **** and the pair traded insults.

The live feed on Channel 4 and digital channel E4 was cut from 1:20 a.m. (0020 GMT) to 3 a.m. on Thursday.

Viewers were shown an outside shot of the house as guards were called in for the first time in five series of the show.

"We are monitoring the situation closely," a Channel 4 spokeswoman said. "We are more concerned about their health and welfare than ratings."

Television watchdogs said the chaos marked a new low for reality TV shows desperate to attract viewers with ever more shocking scenes.

"They are really scraping the barrel by creating controversy," said John Beyer, director of Mediawatch, a TV standards campaign group. "I wish they'd take it off permanently."

There has already been nudity, the suggestion of sex and frequent argument on the show.

In a bid to attract audiences and counter accusations the formula has grown tired, its producers have deliberately tried to create a tense environment.

The slogan for the fifth series is "Big Brother Gets Evil" and among the original housemates were an aspiring glamour model, a political activist and a former asylum seeker.

They are made to perform a variety of tasks and contestants are evicted from the house each week in a public vote. The last one standing in seven weeks will win a prize of up to 100,000 pounds.

Any comments?
Is it on for TV shows to put people through this when they knew this kind of thing was gonna happen. I mean putting different personalities I mean very different personalities together is bound to cause this.

I THINK BIG BROTHER HAS GONE TOO FAR.HAVE YOU?
Mon 12/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
If only Michelle wasn't so thick... she's got a GOLDEN opportunity here - sabotage the task, get her & Jason up for nomination, there's no way in hell she would lose, Jason would be out and then she would look good to the other housemates as well!
Mon 12/07/04 at 13:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Ahhh thats good then, fingers crossed. I have not watched it since Becki left so ill have to catch up.
Mon 12/07/04 at 13:53
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
well what with the new sergants and privates weekly task. Jason or Victor will definately be up for nomination!
Sun 11/07/04 at 19:42
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I thought she has a good chance of winning. I think however jason should be next to go. Victor and jason need splitting up!
Sun 11/07/04 at 19:40
Regular
"56 000"
I think Nadia might be up for nomination next week as she is the main barrier for Jason and Victors plan to work.
Wed 07/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
255 wrote:
> Becki might not go as the public might want to keep her in for a bit
> longer to see what happens and well everyone has seen Ahmeds temper
> so it might be him. But it all depends what happens in the next 3
> days.

Pardon me are we watching the same programme? Ahmed has a temper?!? Where.. If you think that.. obviously you dont know what a temper is all he has done is smash the plates and gone ARGH!!!!! but thats about it. However i feel more people are taking a dislike to Becki. And not that i blame them
Wed 07/07/04 at 14:32
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Im hoping Becki will go. Something about her that i just find annoying. Cant figure out what it is yet.
Wed 07/07/04 at 13:45
Regular
"56 000"
Becki might not go as the public might want to keep her in for a bit longer to see what happens and well everyone has seen Ahmeds temper so it might be him. But it all depends what happens in the next 3 days.
Tue 06/07/04 at 19:33
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Well Ahmed and Becki are up for eviction. I personally hope Becki will go!
Tue 06/07/04 at 14:07
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
perhaps your right. However people in the house know that Ahmed doesnt want to win.. So they may keep him in as hes not really a threat is he?

Also Dan saying he would leave if he was down to the final! Somehow i dont think so

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.