GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England V Switzerland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Thank God We Won, Rooney had another good game, defense was solid, But where was Owen...he set up Rooney but didn't have much of a good game himself
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Better than Styles though who actually booked Ronaldo for doing the same thing against Villa.

Anyway scoreline was VERY flattering seeing as we played rubbish for most of the game, only decent bit of play was the 3rd goal, that is the England i expect to appear for a major tournament, pinging it about the pitch and then a great final delivery for the goal. What we got for the rest of the game though was sloppily giving the ball away or just hoofing it up the pitch.

Scholes is not a left winger as was shown by constantly leaving Cole unprotected and a better team would have exposed that easily.

Was Owen playing? I'm sure he stepped onto the pitch at the start and popped up for the first Rooney goal but then vanished again. Where on earth does he keep going to? Is there a trap door on the pitch where he goes off and does his washing? Put Vassell on he looks far more threatening as has been shown in both games so far, England actually look dangerous when he comes on.

Another average performance from Beckham. Best player for England? We're in serious trouble then. One decent pass for the whole of the 90 minutes. What great captain material.

Much better is needed for Croatia who will be up for the game and a hell of alot better is needed for the rest of the tournament if we get that far
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:58
Regular
The ref wasn't particularly on anyone's side - he was just really crap. I remember he awarded the Swiss a free kick when one of them tripped up over his own feet.
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
I was hoping.
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Russian goalie.

Poor chap.

Switzerland got a raw deal too.
Thu 17/06/04 at 20:05
Regular
"Cosmic..."
We won
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:37
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Switzerland and Russia have been really harshly treated. I'm willing to bet that together they've earned more yellow cards than every other team in the tournament as a whole. :-D
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:31
Regular
I think the ref forgot he'd already booked Haas. If that had been an England player I think I'd have gotten into a fight with the TV. Really harsh on the Swiss - they didn't stand a chance after that. I hope France lose tonight so that England have to step up their game against Croatia.
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Muuuuuuuuuhhhhh.

Why do people always have to misintepret everything that is said?
I'm saying that he shouldn't be saying it because there's already a truckload of ammunition for the "You were lucky" etc argument.
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:19
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Manic Moaner wrote:
> Even the ref seemed to be on our side.
>
> Not really the sort of thing you should be saying, really.

I think he switched sides at half time. In the first half he was giving loads of free kicks to the Swiss for what were mainly dives. However in the second half, he seemed to give England a few of the decisions. Under the game laws it was a sending off although I do agree that it was extremely harsh.
Thu 17/06/04 at 19:11
Regular
"gsybe you!"
England didn't play well, but still won 3-0. Rooney was grand. Nice to see Gerrard score. Shame Owen, despite the lovely little chip for Rooney's first, wasn't really in it much.

Good result, but as Andy Townsend said, they're going to get better (or implicitly, go out).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.