GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Some much needed Games purchasing..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/06/04 at 13:08
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right i havent bought any cube games in a while, and am considering getting a couple for my birthday. I've missed quite a few of the top games, and for some reason ended up with a few games that stink like a cess pool. Right so i need help on, first finding out which games i've missed, and then deciding which games to actually get.

These are the games i have ( so no-one suggests them )

-Soul Caliber
-TS2
-ED
-Hitman 2
-CFDS
-Worms 3D
-VJ
-XIII
-MOH:F
-Burnout2
-Wind Waker
-SSB:M
-Animal Crossing
-Pitfall (twas free)
-Super Monkey Ball
-Turok (free again)
-Fifa 04
-Mazza Kart

Cheers for any recommendations... (Oh and i was considering getting CFDS2 and RS3, if anyone has any info on those)
Thu 24/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Anyone got verdicts on Metal Gear? I played it briefly and the controls seemed very strange, especially the first person shooting where you have to press and release the A button to shoot. The sensitivity of the targeting there also seems way too much.

Oh and how crap is that animation for people talking when you're on the phone? The mouth just flicks open and shut.. I've seen tons better graphical animation on the original series of South Park..

Little niggles maybe.. The game overall looked great. Worth a buy? Especially as I like games with lots of cut scenes..
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Metal Gear is a great experience and one of the best games around at the moment. It's not QUITE as enjoyable as Splinter Cell or Hitman and it certainly doesn't last as long, but it is still very enjoyable. It will stay in your memory as one of the best films you ever watched, put it that way.

CDS2 is a great game, one of the best. Skies will last you much longer than Harvest Moon. Much much longer.
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:13
Regular
"the burning sky"
So Harvest Moon or SOA:L it's such a hard choice...
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:14
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I just said. Look, right there vvvvvv
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:21
Regular
"the burning sky"
gerrid wrote:
> I just said. Look, right there vvvvvv

Cheers, i'll get SOAL then, cus i've been a hankerin' for a good RPG since Golden Sun, tho' i did intend to get the second one of them eventually...

God, my mate is soooo stupid when it comes to games; he thinks The Getaway and EoN are brilliant game -_-'
Thu 24/06/04 at 19:22
"period drama"
Cyclone wrote:
> Bah! :)
>
> I never did that for proper important battles, but after I got so
> far, if I ran into a relatively long random encounter, I just left it
> to do what it wanted and won everytime.

Oh no, I didn't do it during the actual story. Just circling around looper land to level up.
Then, when you're beefed, just put the White Map on and do the proper story without any annoying random battles.
Thu 24/06/04 at 20:48
"Hi"
You need Metroid Prmime, I can't see it on the list which suprises me or my eyesight has gone wrong.
Thu 24/06/04 at 21:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I remember him commenting on MP...........

but.......

Get it!

Anyhoo, MGS: TS is brilliant. Buy buy buy! The CODEC animations are legendary - not supposed to be 'amazing' oir anything..

Controls are good, except perhaps trying to get dog tags you sometime saccidently kill the guard you're holding up.
Thu 24/06/04 at 21:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
I will get it when the price is right... *get back in the box Brucy*
Thu 24/06/04 at 23:45
"period drama"
I don't think they changed the Codec shiznit from the PS1 version did they? That would explain it.
I haven't seen much of the GC version.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.