GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OXM disk review thing.."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory'.
Wed 23/02/05 at 19:44
Regular
Chaos Theory demo is worth the price of the magazine alone.

2 words : Funking awesome!

The rest of the disk matters not.
Fri 25/02/05 at 00:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Summary of OXM

Cover - Doom 3

ONLY ON XBOXXX!

I noes it's the consoles, but still.

Plus, it's really not that great......
Thu 24/02/05 at 20:41
Regular
The Chaos Theory demo is excellent. The knifing is great fun, as is being able to knock them out and pick up their bodies in one move. Everything seems so polished though, especially the whole movement system, and the way he lowers his gun if there's something right in front of you.

The Unreal Championship 2 demo is kinda crap though, as is the TS3 one.
Thu 24/02/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Ruddie1"
MMM Area 51 ilikes alot Timesplitters is really rather er the same as befor?!
Thu 24/02/05 at 15:29
Regular
The Timesplitters single player elements are horrible, like fooking a dead horse in the ear.
Thu 24/02/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Touched!"
Timesplitters I'm slightly disappointed with and the demo is short. It just doesn't seem at all different to the previous two. Hated unreal championship 2, it just felt like a chore playing it and only 8 players on live? lame. Splinter Cell I was impressed with. You can certainly tell ubi have been working on this a while, the graphics are good and the knife combat works well. The AI also seemed a lot better, they actually notice shadows from quite far away and it just played a lot better than Pandoroa. Seemed a lot more realistic too. I think my next two purchases will be Rainbow Six: Lockdown and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I might get Doom 3 for the co-op over live which I rekon could be good.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:50
Regular
"gsybe you!"
It's HORRIBLE

full stop.

NOM, after they dropped the 'gaystation' isn't that bad, despite being rubbish.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:48
Regular
As I've said, I don't take the reviews seriously. You'd be a fool to take any review from an official mag seriously.

I get to to try the demos and, generally, if you knock about 1.2 of each game review, they are generally accurate.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:47
Regular
It's the same as all Official mags really.

I only keep it for something to look at on the crapper.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
1. It over rates every single game ever. So in terms of reviews, it's entirely untrustworthy.
2. It's writen in such a crap way. Read the Halo 2 review. What? What does that review actually say? Nothing. Nada.
3. It fawns over Xbox so much it's pathetic. You can't get any more fanboyish.
Thu 24/02/05 at 13:22
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> No, it's not.
>
> The magazine is horrible.

Why is it so bad?

I admit it's not great, but it's no where near as bad as you make it out to be.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.