GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Building my computer?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/06/04 at 07:19
Regular
"I dunno how"
Hello everyone, i have built my computer i have a DFI motherboard, Intel processor, ATI radeon graphics card, 128 mb DDR RAM, 80 GB Western Digital Hard drive, and i dont know what to do, like i dont know how to instal all of it...its all new....when i stick in the windows xp cd in everything is still blank...when i stick the hard drive floppy in everything is still blank.....i dotn know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!!
Sat 12/06/04 at 07:19
Regular
"I dunno how"
Hello everyone, i have built my computer i have a DFI motherboard, Intel processor, ATI radeon graphics card, 128 mb DDR RAM, 80 GB Western Digital Hard drive, and i dont know what to do, like i dont know how to instal all of it...its all new....when i stick in the windows xp cd in everything is still blank...when i stick the hard drive floppy in everything is still blank.....i dotn know what to do!!!!! HELP!!!!
Sat 12/06/04 at 09:34
Regular
"you've got a beard"
turn the monitor on?? ;)

seriously, do the power lights and cpu fan switch on??
Sat 12/06/04 at 17:31
Regular
"I dunno how"
The lights turn on and everything, i just dont know what cd to stick in first....like the motherboard cd first? Or the hard drive cd first? YOu knwo what i mean?
Sat 12/06/04 at 18:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you have fitted it all together and it boots then you should go into the bios, set the boot order so that the cd-rom drive is first, then restart, put the Xp disk in then you should be able to go through the install procedure.
Sat 12/06/04 at 18:51
Regular
"you've got a beard"
zeppelin1432 wrote:
> The lights turn on and everything, i just dont know what cd to stick
> in first....

well if it powers up and you get the boot screen, press DEL to enter the bios and set the 1st boot device to cd-rom to start with.

like the motherboard cd first? Or the hard drive cd
> first? YOu knwo what i mean?

hard drive cd?!??!?!?! :-\

run the windows cd first and install that (or whatever OS you're using, i'm assuming it'll be an itereation of windows), then the motherboard cd.
as for the hard drive, i've never heard of them having a cd before. ever.
Sat 12/06/04 at 19:05
Regular
"I dunno how"
I hit delete button.....nothing happens....
Sat 12/06/04 at 19:42
Regular
"you've got a beard"
do you get a screen of white text when you turn the machine on?
Sun 13/06/04 at 04:58
Regular
"I dunno how"
no, just a blank black screen i think i messed up on some wiring or something?
Sun 13/06/04 at 11:03
Regular
"you've got a beard"
ok, are you sure you connected the motherboard correctly?
there's a large connector from the psu to the motherboard and a smaller 4-pin connector as well.

also, remove and replace your graphics card, just to be sure the monitor is getting signal. if the motherboard is correctly wired then you should be seeing the boot screen.
Mon 14/06/04 at 07:48
Regular
"\\"
zeppelin1432 wrote:
> I hit delete button.....nothing happens....

Did you press delete... or backspace?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.