GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WARNING-IMPORTANT FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY-OPEN NOW"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/06/04 at 07:17
Regular
"..."
Today starting from 6:14 A.M until 12:26 P.M it is extremely important not to look at the sun. This is because Venus will pass across the sun and it will prevent a small portion of sun rays from reaching earth. This phenomenon hadn't happened in 122 years. This phenomenon can be observed in The Middle East, Europe, Asia,Africa, and some parts of America, while it can not be observed in South America or Australlia.And the experts are warning from looking at the sun since the passage of Venus will not change the intensity of the light and therefore the rays will affect the eye,as looking directly at the sun damages the tissues of the eye retina and leads to chemical changes and the aglutenation of the proteins in the vitreous with the possiblity of the occurance of concentrated shading in the vision region and changing of colours and shapes of objects and slight weakness in the eye sight.
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:38
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Microchips wrote:
> won't be seen again for a few hundred years.

Bull pish.
:)
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
homosh wrote:
> Microchips wrote:
> Of course I read newspapers... it's a well-known fact that looking
> directly at the sun is harmful... everyone has always known that.
>
> Today = not special.

> Today IS special, if you don't know that then you're an ignorant.

You missed the point.

Yes, today is special- Venus passed across the sun- hasn't been seen for hundreds of years, and won't be seen again for a few hundred years.

Regarding eye safety:

Today = not special

NOW do you see what I mean? Maybe you should read what people say before diving in head-first.
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I wasn't up between those times so it didn't really affect. Thanks for the warning though.
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:18
Regular
"..."
Microchips wrote:
> Of course I read newspapers... it's a well-known fact that looking
> directly at the sun is harmful... everyone has always known that.
>
> Today = not special.
Today IS special, if you don't know that then you're an ignorant.
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:17
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I got up to look at venus today, i opened the curtains, saw that the sky was overcast then went back to bed.
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:13
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Microchips wrote:
> [URL]http://webcast16.uio.no/trheim2_eng.html[/URL]
>
> Look, it's tiny.

Live direct webcam link to inside Chipseh's pants.
Tue 08/06/04 at 11:57
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Of course I read newspapers... it's a well-known fact that looking directly at the sun is harmful... everyone has always known that.

Today = not special.
Tue 08/06/04 at 11:05
Regular
"..."
I know that it's tiny, that why I mentioned that a perfect solar eclipse is more dangerous, since the moon is closer to earth than Venus, and if you ask ask any experts they will tell you that looking today is harmful, don't you read any newspapers ?
Tue 08/06/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
[URL]http://webcast16.uio.no/trheim2_eng.html[/URL]

Look, it's tiny.
Tue 08/06/04 at 09:38
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Ahahaha.

If you look, Venus appears as a tiny, and I mean tiny, dot on the sun.

The sun will be have the same brightness...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.