GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS3 - what about online games?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/02/05 at 13:53
Regular
"and PC user"
What is Sony doing regards the online play on PS3? Will the PS3 have online built in as standard, or will it still be some sort of "bolt on" adaptor like it is for PS2?

What % of PS3 confirmed games are designed with "online options", and what % are confirmed as "online only", and what % are "not online". Anyone know.
Mon 28/02/05 at 16:52
Regular
": ("
The US PSP will be region locked but only for films and music, you will be able to play US games.
Mon 28/02/05 at 16:28
Regular
"Two year break!"
Should be good.

I'm just praying that the US region aren't 'locked' games. Daren't even pre-order just in case...
Mon 28/02/05 at 14:02
Regular
Wipeout Pure...

*drools*
Mon 28/02/05 at 13:59
Regular
"Two year break!"
Judging by the plans for the PSP, it looks like Sony have learnt their lessons from the PS2 online play.

Games like Wipeout Pure for PSP are expected to have downloadable content and some games will feature custom soundtracks too - something which Xbox (and PC owners for that matter) have been enjoying for quite some time now.
Mon 28/02/05 at 13:58
Regular
Sony really need to sort their online network out first.
Mon 28/02/05 at 13:56
Regular
Not sure on the games front, but the PS3 will come with an online adaptor as standard. I would have thought the majority of games with have online option and there has been talk of games coming with just a few levels at a cheaper than now price and you can download further part or levels as you go along.
Mon 28/02/05 at 13:53
Regular
"and PC user"
What is Sony doing regards the online play on PS3? Will the PS3 have online built in as standard, or will it still be some sort of "bolt on" adaptor like it is for PS2?

What % of PS3 confirmed games are designed with "online options", and what % are confirmed as "online only", and what % are "not online". Anyone know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.