GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Splinter Cell Chaos Theory..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory'.
Wed 02/03/05 at 08:17
Regular
Looking the crabs nabs. Had a gander over the IGN preview yesterday and it has just swayed from picking up the PC version to picking up the Xbox version, the CO-OP that is. Only 4 levels on offer but as they say (and how I imagine it will work) is that you will play them through many times as they are just so fooking addictive.

The screenshot where it shows one spy helping the other spy into an air vent above in the way of a foot-up just sums it up really. By all accounts they are quite long levels that can be quite difficult at times and some situations do require two people just to make it through one area.

Seeing as I haven't touched LIVE since Dead or Alive Ultimate and before that it was probably last summer with Pandora Tomorrow this looks to be the game that will get me back into it...

The single player demo on the PC was kick ass, no more is it a linear dull fest of triggered events but rather a much more open game where you actually get to choose which route you take. One thing I do know is that if it lives up to the online section of Pandora Tomrrow it will probably see me well into next year in terms of online Xbox games and it will be the reason why I bother to renew my LIVE account.

Overall can't wait, looking forward to the offline as much as the online this time, no doubt the latter will give the game life span but the single player is shaping up to be an ass raping c**k fest.

By the way, do you actually have to ring up Microsoft to stop them from renewing your current account?
Fri 04/03/05 at 23:18
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm just about to pre-order this along with Rainbow Six Lockdown. Is Conker actually due this month or is it likely to be pushed back? Because a thing I saw HMV I'm sure said May which is annoying if true!
Fri 04/03/05 at 21:30
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Just seen those videos.

Love the way he called the guard a d**k-wad. Hahaha...

Looks like it has a near endless replayability. Hopefully they'll focus the downloadable content on new Co-Op levels.

Ah.. you get one thing (MGS3, Oddworld, Rep Commando) and you still want something else...

Gay.
Fri 04/03/05 at 18:35
Regular
Have you seen the video where they use the CO-OP to lift/pull each other into an otherwise unreachable air vent? Looks so sexual.
Fri 04/03/05 at 16:47
Regular
The new Co-op videos on IGN look funking supoib
Fri 04/03/05 at 01:54
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Can't wait for Chaos Theory. My friends were all HALO/Rainbow wh*res, but I enjoyed Pandora online. I didn't play it because no-one else did, but we're just starting to play it again now, and it's mint.

I'm glad they've put a Deathmatch in. I'm not quite sure how it'll work. I think the current home-made death match favours the Mercs becuase all you need to do it to leg it round with your Red Visor on and shoot anything moving that doesn't look like you!

You can't really give the spies a gun, because they'll be too deadly - I wonder how it'll work?

Still, the single player looks amazing, and I can't wait for the Co-Op like the rest of you. The Proximity voice does it for me! Woo!
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yus.

But.

Pariah - map maker that looks quality, the game itself looks gorgeous + outdoors = me interested. It could be a mess, or it could be quality.
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:08
Regular
I won't be paying full price for the majority of those games. There's about 5 games that I'll get when they're released, the rest I'll wait for a price reduction.
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
See, I can't be bothered with half of them. Snowblind sounds average-good at best. Pariah looks gorgeous, I admit, and if it gets the thumbs up, I'll nab it. But Chaos Theory is the only game I actually want.

Pirates on PC, maybe Lockdown, maybe Hitman. Meh.
Fri 04/03/05 at 00:00
Regular
There's too many games coming out over the next few months in my opinion. I can undestand that Halo 2 did take up a lot of Xmas, but I think far too many games were moved back to these 2 months. Not only am I never gonna have the time to play them, but there's no way in hell I can afford them all either.

Splinter Cell's my main want though, I can see that lasting quite a few months seeing how much I enjoyed Pandorra Tomorrow.

Mercenaries should keep me going until Chaos Theory me thinks. Then there's Jade Empire, Pirates, Hitman : Blood Money, Rainbow Six 4, Oddworld Strangers Wrath, Destroy all Humans, Brothers in Arms, Conker : Live + Uncut, Snowblind, Pariah, Far Cry, GTA : San Andreas and a few more between now and the summer.

God knows I'll have to wait for a lot of them to come down in price.
Thu 03/03/05 at 22:57
Regular
Yeah , Brother in Arms looks way too similar to Call of Duty for my liking, both and offline I have played the Call of Duty games was too much. May pick it up on PC when there is a litte drought but all it would do if I bought it now is sit there and rot.

Between Xenosaga 2, Devil May Cry 3 and the soon to be Chaos Theory (plus Swat 4) I just won't have time for anything else for a loooooooong time to come. Counter-Strike Source still plays like a dream, NBA Street 3 is keeping me more than happy for the late night showings and I just don't have the time I used to to invest in games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.