GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wycombe Wanderers release..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 01:39
Regular
...Dannie Bulman.

The reason I started supporting Wycombe. I knew Dannie from a young age, and so I went with him when he departed from Ashford to Wycombe.

He scored on his debut, and made back page of all the tabloids, both in Spain and in England (yes, it was a crazy goal lol).

But now he's gone, well, obviously, I'll follow him where he goes, but I'm a fan of Wycombe now. I'm a true supporter. True, I started as a Bulman fan, but then the team grew on me. I took so much stick this season, cos my teacher is a QPR fan, and my mates all support Brentford.

Now I dunno what to do. I only supported Wycombe for Dannie, hell, I spent £80 on their new shirts...but I dunno if I'll still support them as much as I did. I want to...but I dunno.

Dannie spent a majority of Adams' days on the bench anyway, so it won't be too different. But now when I go to the Wycombe games, I won't have anyone too look out for.

Ashford have offered him a place back at Short Lane, but that would be a massive drop. Division 2/3 to Ryman (or whatever it will be next year) Division One South is like three or four leagues.

If he does go back to Ashford, I know where I'll be every Saturday. I'll get Bulman 11 printed on the back of my shirts and I'll be down there cheering him on.

Meh, it sucks. I used to like Portsmouth quite a lot, until they sold Sammy Igoe. I hope the same doesn't happen here.

To make this topic worthy of webspace, has this happened to anyone else before?
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:09
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Is he a tall striker? If so we'll have him (Woking).
>
> Oh, and Ian Simpemba? He is very, very poor, at least he was when he
> came on loan to us this season and last. Played as a full back for a
> bit and was utterly hopeless, worse than our regular full backs, and
> they are bad enough. Wasn't much in the centre either, despite his
> towering height.

He's an attacking midfielder, and he's around medium height. ;c)

Simpemba is a class player. I still remember his first goal. Live on Sky Sports, he put himself on the line and dived in for the ball, only for the scum between the sticks at Wednesday to boot his head like a football. :cD

Just ask Pro Evo.
Thu 03/06/04 at 10:25
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Is he a tall striker? If so we'll have him (Woking).

Oh, and Ian Simpemba? He is very, very poor, at least he was when he came on loan to us this season and last. Played as a full back for a bit and was utterly hopeless, worse than our regular full backs, and they are bad enough. Wasn't much in the centre either, despite his towering height.
Thu 03/06/04 at 01:54
Regular
Damn just found out our squad consists of 13 players in total.

The Squad
1 Frank Talia
2 Danny Senda
5 Roger Johnson
8 Keith Ryan
9 Craig Faulconbridge
15 Jonny Dixon
18 Steve Williams
19 Charlie Mapes
23 Ian Simpemba
27 Mark Philo
31 Andy Reilly
34 Matt Bloomfield
35 Nathan Tyson
MAN Tony Adams

And to think he's just releasing players.

He had better get Grimandi, Dixon and Winterburn at Adams Park next year.

Just noticed our left back Vinnecombe has been released...as has on-load Nethercott, who he promised to sign (lets hope). McSporran was released earlier in the year. Gott has been released, too. Meh. Brown retired. :c( Currie's gone, after being dropped for bad mouthing Wycombe.

Also, Wasps are looking to develop Adams Park by splashing £2m on an extension! Wicked!

Back page of the local paper features this:

Down sides of going down

WANDERERS chairman Ivor Beeks has admitted that going down to the third division has made it much harder to sign players. ………
At the moment Blues have just ten professionals on their books – not enough to field a team.

Vinnicombe in Brazil bonanza

CHRIS Vinnicombe will return to his former club Exeter City on Sunday when they play host to the Brazilian 1994 World Cup winning side.
Vinnicombe was part of the Grecians team that won the old fourth division championship in 1990 and will play in the Exeter team of legends which will play a curtain-raiser match before former Wycombe-ite Sean Devine and the current Exeter team take on a Brazil Masters side featuring Dunga.
Vinnicombe, who also played for Glasgow Rangers and Burnley, was released by Wanderers this summer. ………
Thu 03/06/04 at 01:50
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:
> Call yourslef a fan? ^o)

Yes.
Thu 03/06/04 at 01:40
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Call yourslef a fan? ^o)
Thu 03/06/04 at 01:39
Regular
...Dannie Bulman.

The reason I started supporting Wycombe. I knew Dannie from a young age, and so I went with him when he departed from Ashford to Wycombe.

He scored on his debut, and made back page of all the tabloids, both in Spain and in England (yes, it was a crazy goal lol).

But now he's gone, well, obviously, I'll follow him where he goes, but I'm a fan of Wycombe now. I'm a true supporter. True, I started as a Bulman fan, but then the team grew on me. I took so much stick this season, cos my teacher is a QPR fan, and my mates all support Brentford.

Now I dunno what to do. I only supported Wycombe for Dannie, hell, I spent £80 on their new shirts...but I dunno if I'll still support them as much as I did. I want to...but I dunno.

Dannie spent a majority of Adams' days on the bench anyway, so it won't be too different. But now when I go to the Wycombe games, I won't have anyone too look out for.

Ashford have offered him a place back at Short Lane, but that would be a massive drop. Division 2/3 to Ryman (or whatever it will be next year) Division One South is like three or four leagues.

If he does go back to Ashford, I know where I'll be every Saturday. I'll get Bulman 11 printed on the back of my shirts and I'll be down there cheering him on.

Meh, it sucks. I used to like Portsmouth quite a lot, until they sold Sammy Igoe. I hope the same doesn't happen here.

To make this topic worthy of webspace, has this happened to anyone else before?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.