GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wycombe Wanderers release..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/06/04 at 01:39
Regular
...Dannie Bulman.

The reason I started supporting Wycombe. I knew Dannie from a young age, and so I went with him when he departed from Ashford to Wycombe.

He scored on his debut, and made back page of all the tabloids, both in Spain and in England (yes, it was a crazy goal lol).

But now he's gone, well, obviously, I'll follow him where he goes, but I'm a fan of Wycombe now. I'm a true supporter. True, I started as a Bulman fan, but then the team grew on me. I took so much stick this season, cos my teacher is a QPR fan, and my mates all support Brentford.

Now I dunno what to do. I only supported Wycombe for Dannie, hell, I spent £80 on their new shirts...but I dunno if I'll still support them as much as I did. I want to...but I dunno.

Dannie spent a majority of Adams' days on the bench anyway, so it won't be too different. But now when I go to the Wycombe games, I won't have anyone too look out for.

Ashford have offered him a place back at Short Lane, but that would be a massive drop. Division 2/3 to Ryman (or whatever it will be next year) Division One South is like three or four leagues.

If he does go back to Ashford, I know where I'll be every Saturday. I'll get Bulman 11 printed on the back of my shirts and I'll be down there cheering him on.

Meh, it sucks. I used to like Portsmouth quite a lot, until they sold Sammy Igoe. I hope the same doesn't happen here.

To make this topic worthy of webspace, has this happened to anyone else before?
Fri 04/06/04 at 18:14
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Well I remember him being particularly tall, at least 6 ft. As I
> remember he was also far from class. Oh well.

He has his off-games. ;c)

:c( News is West Brom are interested in Danny Senda. Very unlikely, a Premiership team interested in a Division Three player. Well, it worked for Blackburn.

Senda ended the season up front. He's a defender, but he used to play up front, many years ago. I hope they keep him up front next year, with Tyson and Faulconbridge, as he actually has the balls to run at defenders.
Fri 04/06/04 at 18:12
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> DW wrote:
> Indeed, Rogers. :c)
>
> Bah, i'll just take it you dont know who he is then :-)

Nah I do know who Rogers is. :c)
Fri 04/06/04 at 18:10
Regular
DW wrote:
> Indeed, Rogers. :c)

Bah, i'll just take it you dont know who he is then :-)
Fri 04/06/04 at 17:10
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
DW wrote:
> Simpemba is a class player. I still remember his first goal. Live on
> Sky Sports, he put himself on the line and dived in for the ball,
> only for the scum between the sticks at Wednesday to boot his head
> like a football. :cD

Well I remember him being particularly tall, at least 6 ft. As I remember he was also far from class. Oh well.
Fri 04/06/04 at 02:23
Regular
Quinty wrote:
> Hmm i wasn't that impressed....i presume it's some kind of local
> derby, yas? How many did you take?
>
> Oh and Mark Rogers!

It's kinda local.

We packed the away end, there wasn't an empty space to stand.

Indeed, Rogers. :c)
Thu 03/06/04 at 23:32
Regular
DW wrote:
> Despite already being relegated, we had an amazing crowd at Griffin
> Park a few weeks back.

Hmm i wasn't that impressed....i presume it's some kind of local derby, yas? How many did you take?

Oh and Mark Rogers!
Thu 03/06/04 at 23:25
Regular
algae wrote:
> I've supported Wycombe all my life - guess wat - i was a mascot there
> too !

At least I'm not the only way.

Despite already being relegated, we had an amazing crowd at Griffin Park a few weeks back.
Thu 03/06/04 at 22:09
Regular
"grows in nasty plac"
I've supported Wycombe all my life - guess wat - i was a mascot there too !
Thu 03/06/04 at 21:04
Regular
Did you catch much of Mark Rogers when he was at Wycombe?

Or "Ted" as the odd Wycombe fans call him.
Thu 03/06/04 at 14:11
Regular
Just found this:

Players gone are Currie (no surprise) Simmo, Bully, Mapes (though may come back) and Dell.

------------

They missed a few players off the list, Bell etc.

But why they got rid of Simpson, Bulman and Mapes I don't know.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.