GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"One for the fans - PS2 sales figures"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 21/04/01 at 02:11
Regular
From OPS2 magazine:

Sony are celebrating the fact that PlayStation 2 has surpassed the company's target for ten million unit sales by 31 March 2001.

Japan has sold 4.65 million, the USA 2.76 million, and Europe 2.63 million units.

In the UK alone, 366,000 PS2s were sold in just 101 days, with over one million games shifted - an average of 2.83 per console.
Sat 28/04/01 at 11:29
Regular
I didn`t realise that. Tomb Raider is pretty good at selling copies that`s for sure. I had Tomb Raiders 2 and 3, but I got bored after that.
Sat 28/04/01 at 02:11
"High polygon count"
ssxpro wrote:
> T'would be good. I`m sure there must be some games developed in the
> UK that also get released on the UK first.

> Wookiee Monster `ll know.

Of course it depends on your opinion of 'good' games, but... how about Tomb Raider games?

Even those who don't like them can't deny that they're one of the biggest-selling franchises going. And I'm pretty sure we get them first.
Fri 27/04/01 at 23:59
Regular
well, look at Rare. One of Britains top game producers. Easily the reason why 64 has gone on as long as it did. But still these games made by a british company are released in America first. Banjo tooie was a joke. Released last autumn in USA. Came out here two weeks ago.
Fri 27/04/01 at 23:35
Regular
I like the first three on your list, and also MGS2 and Red Faction that you mentioned below! Superb. It would be better thought if all games got a similar launch date for the whole world. I think ZOE received this treatment did it not?
Fri 27/04/01 at 22:23
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Some games are bound to come out her first as they are developed by UK companies. Here is a little list of games that should be out here before anywhere else.

Wipeout Fusion
Grand Theft Auto 3
Getaway
Next Colin Mcrae Rally
Tomb Raider Next Gen

Plus we should get MGS2 before Japan, Redfaction aswell is out here before Japan.
Fri 27/04/01 at 20:08
Regular
T'would be good. I`m sure there must be some games developed in the UK that also get released on the UK first.

Wookiee Monster `ll know.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:34
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
If only the UK could come up with something good that came here first.
Fri 27/04/01 at 19:30
Regular
Still, it`d be even better if it got a UK release before anywhere else. Ah well, not going to happen.
Fri 27/04/01 at 18:46
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
If this does happen good for sony. If Jappen get it late anyway then I'll be very happy.
Fri 27/04/01 at 13:41
Regular
Maybe they are trying a trick to get Japanese gamers even more addicted to all things Sony. By depriving them of MGS2 for a while with those in the US playing away, they might increase the amount the japanese want it when it is releases in Japan. Maybe.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.