GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smallville Season Finale"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/06/04 at 10:43
Regular
If you haven't seen the last episode of series three, you will find spoilers in this thread.

Ah, it seems like only yesterday that we were discussing the start of the series. But now as quickly as it came along, it's gone. In quite a style, too;

Lionel on death row; Chloe blown up; Lex poisoned; Jonathan Kent strangled; Kent farm on fire; Lana in Paris; Clark returned to Jor-El; Clark can fly...

Not bad at all. Discuss, etc. Anyone know when the next series is?
Fri 04/06/04 at 14:57
Regular
I hope they change the structure or at least include some more realistic or down to earth plot lines in the next series, not unlike those found in The New Adventures of Superman.

It was alright in the first two seasons, but during the third the fit-all meteor shower explanation for every enemy or strange occurance in Smallville was getting a little tired.
Fri 04/06/04 at 14:55
Regular
Yeah, I'll tell you how it happened if you want but it was a great surprise so you might want to see for yourself.
Fri 04/06/04 at 13:19
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
CHLOE'S DEAD?!

Damn, she was hot.
:(
Thu 03/06/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Milky Milky"
> Whatever they did in that court, Lionel got put on death row (shown
> by the shaving of his head). He was a man with nothing to lose, and
> so he wreaked destruction using every last bit of power he had -
> killing Chloe, poisoning Lex, etc.
>
> He didn't do that to get off the hook - he's already in too deep. The
> pupose of that finale, I think, was to show he was pure evil whereas
> before, there were elements of humanity and kindness in his life,
> here and there. He did that for no reason or no personal gain.

Ah I see...I didn't know you got your head shaved when you are on Death Row...I thought he just wanted his head shaved for some reason...lol.
Thu 03/06/04 at 06:52
Regular
Damn. I couldn't contain myself after accidentally skimming over one of the spoilers!

Oh well, I expected Clark to do that this season anyway, but the rest is a bit crazy, I must see now!

What with all this Big Brother pap, it'll probably be some time before C4 decide to show this season. It'll probably be on US DVD by then...
Wed 02/06/04 at 23:55
Regular
magnius wrote:
> Did they? I thought that was just a bail hearing.

Whatever they did in that court, Lionel got put on death row (shown by the shaving of his head). He was a man with nothing to lose, and so he wreaked destruction using every last bit of power he had - killing Chloe, poisoning Lex, etc.

He didn't do that to get off the hook - he's already in too deep. The pupose of that finale, I think, was to show he was pure evil whereas before, there were elements of humanity and kindness in his life, here and there. He did that for no reason or no personal gain.
Wed 02/06/04 at 21:15
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I don't usually watch Smallville, but the TV happened to be at the right station when the season finale came on. I found it really interesting, but I didn't really know what was going on so I may get the last two series' on DVD to catch up.
Wed 02/06/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Milky Milky"
Did they? I thought that was just a bail hearing.
Wed 02/06/04 at 17:48
Regular
CTUbauer wrote:
> Great spelling of Jor-El there, Mav :P

Gah! I actually know that's how it's spelt. Was just in a rush.

> Anyway, yeah, a superb finale, on par with last season's. Everyone
> who could implicate Lionel is incapacitated now, so he'll get out of
> jail and live out the rest of his days somewhere.

Er... doubt it. They've already had the trial - he's on death row.
Wed 02/06/04 at 17:42
"possibly impossible"
Love the way they hinted at Kara. Kara is Superman's cousin in the comics (and Supergirl too), although it all gets a bit complicated with the clone thing. several other people claiming to be Supergirl and the fifth Supergirl becoming Power Girl with repressed memories etc.

The fact that Clark blurts out to Lana that 'err...she's my cousin' is just another of the great little in-references.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.