GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ugh..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 01/06/04 at 09:09
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I'm considering buying an I Pod from Ebay and every time I think I have a good deal, I find out, I would be bidding for 'a link to buy an I Pod for £20'.

Does anyone else find they have this problem?
Tue 01/06/04 at 14:13
Regular
Ashman wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> I've hardly bought anything fancy since September last year
>
> Christmas money?

Um... no, mostly stuff I have sold over Amazon.
Tue 01/06/04 at 13:38
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I said using USB.

Using Firewire, it's far faster. As in 8 albums in the same time.

What I'm saying is, 3 minutes is hardly anytime at all.
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:40
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> The Zen is a worthy competitor. It's only crashed on me a few times -
> nothing drastic, nothing serious, and mine's an older model. Plus,
> the transfer speeds, even on USB, are very quick. I mean, what the
> hell else are you going to do in the 3 minutes it takes to transfer
> an album?!

3 Minutes?!

It honestly took me around 3 minutes to transfer 8 albums onto my iPod the other week, via Firewire. The only thing I have to wait for is the CD-ripping as that is a little slow at times for some reason (even though I've turned error correction off).
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:33
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
mattributé wrote:
> If I was you, I'd purchase an MP3 player that has the option for
> external memory storage (i.e 128MB Smart media cards). A lot cheaper,
> and it means you don't have, like, 15 GB of wasted space.

Eh? You musn't have much music...
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Zen is a worthy competitor. It's only crashed on me a few times - nothing drastic, nothing serious, and mine's an older model. Plus, the transfer speeds, even on USB, are very quick. I mean, what the hell else are you going to do in the 3 minutes it takes to transfer an album?!
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:19
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Forest Fan wrote:
> I've hardly bought anything fancy since September last year

Christmas money?
Tue 01/06/04 at 11:17
Regular
How've you got all this money if you're sat behind a computer all day every day on here?

That's what confuses me.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:23
Regular
There's a risk of theft with anything you buy - it's wether you're stupid enough to walk around wish the iPod on display or if you sensibly put it in a pocket.

Only the weak get robbed.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:21
Regular
iPods are smaller and lighter than their competitors. It's all about image. I'm glad I bought one and I don't have 15Gb of wasted space. It's a 15Gb unit with around 9GB used up. Still haven't put all my albums on yet.

I had a Creative Zen, and although they are cheaper, I found it to be prone to crashing an awful lot. Also, the transfer sppeds in an ipod are much faster than others, you don't have to type in the track names or anything as they are pulled from Gracenote CDDB (online music information database). Oh, and don't forget the swish touch-sensitive buttons and dial...
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:18
Regular
What about this Creative Jukebox Zen Xtra 40GB, for just £216.21? Looks almost as good as an I pod too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.