GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why i'm getting a"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 21:25
Regular
I am getting a Gamecube. Of course because of my trust that Nintendo and Rare will deliver once again but don’t go thinking that I didn’t have a good look at the Playstation 2 and X-box before I made my decision.

No you see what persuaded me to get Nintendo’s up and coming box of tricks is the fact that the Gamecube is a “games machine”. Nintendo have tried to emphasise the point that everything the system is capable to do is so it can play the best games possible.

The X-box is a PC with an emphasis on gaming whilst the Playstation 2 is system that plays music, DVD’s and on top of that plays games. The Gamecube though is a system that plays Games. A System that plays games is why I’m getting a games console. DVD and music players are something that just gets in the way of making a decision on which console I’d rather get.

As the insides of the Gamecube has been especially designed to play the best games, with the shortest loading times and making them easy to be made. I’m not saying the Playstation 2 and X-box is bad but as they are built to do more than play games then it isn’t something I want.

Games are why I buy consoles. If I want to buy a system that plays music then I’ll buy a CD player and if I want a DVD player then I’ll get one. So if I want a games console then I’ll get a games console so that is why I’m getting a Gamecube.

Dringo
Fri 20/04/01 at 21:25
Regular
I am getting a Gamecube. Of course because of my trust that Nintendo and Rare will deliver once again but don’t go thinking that I didn’t have a good look at the Playstation 2 and X-box before I made my decision.

No you see what persuaded me to get Nintendo’s up and coming box of tricks is the fact that the Gamecube is a “games machine”. Nintendo have tried to emphasise the point that everything the system is capable to do is so it can play the best games possible.

The X-box is a PC with an emphasis on gaming whilst the Playstation 2 is system that plays music, DVD’s and on top of that plays games. The Gamecube though is a system that plays Games. A System that plays games is why I’m getting a games console. DVD and music players are something that just gets in the way of making a decision on which console I’d rather get.

As the insides of the Gamecube has been especially designed to play the best games, with the shortest loading times and making them easy to be made. I’m not saying the Playstation 2 and X-box is bad but as they are built to do more than play games then it isn’t something I want.

Games are why I buy consoles. If I want to buy a system that plays music then I’ll buy a CD player and if I want a DVD player then I’ll get one. So if I want a games console then I’ll get a games console so that is why I’m getting a Gamecube.

Dringo
Fri 20/04/01 at 21:27
I will be purchasing one too! :)
Fri 20/04/01 at 21:33
Regular
"Whatever!"
I shall also be getting one!!
Fri 20/04/01 at 21:57
Regular
"Palace 5-0 Brighton"
Count me in!
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:17
Regular
Same here :)
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:19
I'm getting one! No problemo

But is the x-box wasn't so expensive i would (maybe) get that. Every powerful and now there think of shoving the P4 in the big black thing, it might be worth a second look......... NA!
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I'll be getting one. Not only because I love Nintendo games but because I can only dream of how fun the GBA <> GCN link up will be. I think that because of Nintendo's emphasis on the Gamecube being a Games machine we will see more innovative things from Camp Nintendo where as I don't think the Sony will have quite enough time for that sort of thing.
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:36
Regular
If I could get it very cheap, I'd get the X-box to stick C4 in it :)
Fri 20/04/01 at 22:40
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
If Microsoft sold it for about the same price as the PS2 it might have been worth considering but since Nintendo have said they are going to try and sell it for the cheapest possible (around £199 'CVG mag' possibly) I have decided to stick with Nintendo and start saving! :-)
Sat 21/04/01 at 10:19
Regular
Nintendo of America hinted it a being £150 and the big N said it'll cost between £100-£200. Not bad especially as the PS"2 is gonna go down to £250 when the GC is released (wow big changed there sony). If it wasn't for the DVD player it wouldn't of cost this much!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.