GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think my cat has died..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 30/05/04 at 12:44
Regular
"That's right!"
[URL]http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/Pepper/Pepper_3.jpg[/URL]

Pepper - had her since I was about 3. Which makes her 16-17, which is quite old for a cat (and no doubt older than a lot of you whipper snappers)

She's not the friendliest of cats, or the most playful, but at her age, you can't blame her for wanting to sleep most of the day. I know what I'd choose over sleep or work.

She's been sick on and off for a couple of years now, every so often she'd throw up (actual sick, not just grass/hairballs) but would seem fine again later. The last couple of days you could tell she wasn't right. She just sat down by the shed, not moving - she'd barely acknowledge you when you walked up (usually she'd say hello in her own, lazy cat way by just making a noise and expecting you to tickle her under her chin) and she wasn't eating. And she LOVES to eat.

I went down to check on her last night, but I couldn't find her, so I feared the worst. Today my dad asked me to go look for her, but we all know she's probably gone off to die quietly, most likely in the allotments on the other side of the fence.

We all knew it was coming, but it's the kind of thing you try not to think about, after all, she's a member of the family. I can't remember much of my life before we picked her up from someone's house as a kitten - got a lot of memories of her adventures. Climbing into my dad's shoes as a kitten, falling into a holly bush, jumping out of my parent's window onto the kitchen roof as a way of getting down to the garden, climbing out of the attic window to patrol the roof, bringing back dead mouse heads and purring like a tractor when she was sat in front of the fire. She'd also wake me up at 5 in the morning wanting to be let out.

I'm still hoping that she'll turn up later today, but it's not looking very likely. I'll miss her, that's for sure. It'll take a while to sink in, and we're not getting a "replacement" so just not having a cat about the house will feel strange.

She had a good run.
Sun 30/05/04 at 12:44
Regular
"That's right!"
[URL]http://img57.photobucket.com/albums/v175/Rumney/Pepper/Pepper_3.jpg[/URL]

Pepper - had her since I was about 3. Which makes her 16-17, which is quite old for a cat (and no doubt older than a lot of you whipper snappers)

She's not the friendliest of cats, or the most playful, but at her age, you can't blame her for wanting to sleep most of the day. I know what I'd choose over sleep or work.

She's been sick on and off for a couple of years now, every so often she'd throw up (actual sick, not just grass/hairballs) but would seem fine again later. The last couple of days you could tell she wasn't right. She just sat down by the shed, not moving - she'd barely acknowledge you when you walked up (usually she'd say hello in her own, lazy cat way by just making a noise and expecting you to tickle her under her chin) and she wasn't eating. And she LOVES to eat.

I went down to check on her last night, but I couldn't find her, so I feared the worst. Today my dad asked me to go look for her, but we all know she's probably gone off to die quietly, most likely in the allotments on the other side of the fence.

We all knew it was coming, but it's the kind of thing you try not to think about, after all, she's a member of the family. I can't remember much of my life before we picked her up from someone's house as a kitten - got a lot of memories of her adventures. Climbing into my dad's shoes as a kitten, falling into a holly bush, jumping out of my parent's window onto the kitchen roof as a way of getting down to the garden, climbing out of the attic window to patrol the roof, bringing back dead mouse heads and purring like a tractor when she was sat in front of the fire. She'd also wake me up at 5 in the morning wanting to be let out.

I'm still hoping that she'll turn up later today, but it's not looking very likely. I'll miss her, that's for sure. It'll take a while to sink in, and we're not getting a "replacement" so just not having a cat about the house will feel strange.

She had a good run.
Sun 30/05/04 at 12:55
Sorry to hear that mate, people without a cat will think, "It's just a cat" But if you have a cat you know how if feels, they kinda grow on you and become what seems a member of the family.

I really hope she turns up fine mate!
Sun 30/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
"\\"
I laughed when i saw the title as i thought most people would be sure their cat died. But i feel ashamed now i read your post. Sorry.
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:01
Regular
Good to know your cat has had a good life, 16/17 is a very good age for a cat.

I haven't any cats of my own, but have always been fond of relatives/friends cats.
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
My cat is like 8, so it should have good while left yet. Would be bizarre without him.
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
My cat is 6 in June, she's such a sweet kitty!
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:26
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
Awwwwwwwww, your cat is so cute Mojojojo.Well, not as cute as mine!
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Let us know if you find your cat. I know how upsetting it is to loose a pet. I've lost dogs, rabbits and hamsters. I've always "replaced" them though, as it's been too weird not having a pet around, so I can't imagine not doing that. Is there a reason why you arn't getting another one? It doesn't replace them, but it does give you something to focus on.
Nikki
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I see how you feel Mojojojo, the same thing happened to my other cat. He disappeared in June 2002, that will be 2 years now. He ran away and never came back. He was the brother of our cat which we have now.He didn't even make it to his 4th birthday.*Crys*
Sun 30/05/04 at 13:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
It's cute actually.

aww.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.