GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Burners?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm just interested to know which MP3 Burners (if that's what they're called...) people seem to use - and would reccomend - for taking tracks from your PC and sticking them onto blank CDs as "MP3 CDs".

I've got the music.
I've even got the blank CD-RWs.
The only programs I have, though, either don't do MP3 CDs, or, they're "Trial" ones that only last 45 days.

What do you use? Is it worth getting? Which should I get?

Bear in mind, I don't really want to have to spend too much on something if I can avoid it. From what I've briefly looked at, the best packages seem to come with a £40-50+ price-tag!

So, what are your reccomendations, please?

Thank you.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Tomoose wrote:
> dbPowerAmp is a brill program. It comes with a seperate program, which
> rips music straight from Cd's and converts them to individual
> MP3's...

I tried dbPowerAmp once to convert my Vorbis files to MP3. It's okay if you're an absolute beginner, but really, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.
Mon 12/07/04 at 16:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I just use bog-standard Nero. If you burn the MP3s in relevant folders most MP3 players will evev sort the collection in to albums.

Only tested with my Sony ATRAC3-MP3 CD player.
Sat 10/07/04 at 19:40
Regular
"the burning sky"
dbPowerAmp is a brill program. It comes with a seperate program, which rips music straight from Cd's and converts them to individual MP3's...
Sat 10/07/04 at 04:56
Regular
"I am cyberculture"
Hi buddy, newby here, seen your message and needed to reply....
I'm looking for info here too, but you could reall use dB Poweramp
These guys are too cool. Freeware http://www.dbpoweramp.com/
I'm sure you'll find everything you need here. Convert MP3's to WAV
specify size of the MP3 file, Vogg Orbis, yadda yadda yadda. Check it out, Good Luck...
B cool,
zygoat
Fri 11/06/04 at 17:29
Regular
"NULL"
An MP3 CD is just a CD with MP3s on it. If you've got Windows XP, you can usually just drag and drop or copy and paste your MP3 files onto the CD. Since it's a CD-RW, you can delete files from it and put new ones on as though it were a normal folder. Obviously the CD will wear out after a while though.
Fri 11/06/04 at 16:04
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Also, I asked this question before, but I don't think I got an answer, so, I'll ask it again...

Is it possible to create MP3/music files from the tracks on a Music DVD or, say, Live Recordings or Videos, for example?
Fri 11/06/04 at 15:45
Regular
"Long time no see!"
So, where can I download one of these others from then?
(I reckon you're gonna tell me Easy Media Creator ain't free, right! :) )

I've got Easy CD Creator 5 right now, but it seems to only to everything but MP3 CDs. I've even gone to their website, looked through and used some downloads, but there still doesn't seem to be 'the one' I need for my store-bought version. :P

Do any of these other programs allow you to create folders?

With the free, downloaded one I'm currently using (Cheetah), it doesn't seem to say anything about anything like this.

And, can you also edit an MP3 CD-RW once it's done?
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:33
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
iTunes. Definately.
Wed 02/06/04 at 15:02
Regular
Nero's crap anyway. Get either Easy Media Creator or Alcohol 120%.
Wed 02/06/04 at 14:53
Regular
"Digging!"
Solskjær wrote:
> Okay. Thank you very much!
>
> So, where can I download Nero from, for free?

It's not free, you "have" to pay...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.