GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MP3 Burners?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm just interested to know which MP3 Burners (if that's what they're called...) people seem to use - and would reccomend - for taking tracks from your PC and sticking them onto blank CDs as "MP3 CDs".

I've got the music.
I've even got the blank CD-RWs.
The only programs I have, though, either don't do MP3 CDs, or, they're "Trial" ones that only last 45 days.

What do you use? Is it worth getting? Which should I get?

Bear in mind, I don't really want to have to spend too much on something if I can avoid it. From what I've briefly looked at, the best packages seem to come with a £40-50+ price-tag!

So, what are your reccomendations, please?

Thank you.
Sat 29/05/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm just interested to know which MP3 Burners (if that's what they're called...) people seem to use - and would reccomend - for taking tracks from your PC and sticking them onto blank CDs as "MP3 CDs".

I've got the music.
I've even got the blank CD-RWs.
The only programs I have, though, either don't do MP3 CDs, or, they're "Trial" ones that only last 45 days.

What do you use? Is it worth getting? Which should I get?

Bear in mind, I don't really want to have to spend too much on something if I can avoid it. From what I've briefly looked at, the best packages seem to come with a £40-50+ price-tag!

So, what are your reccomendations, please?

Thank you.
Sat 29/05/04 at 21:44
Regular
"Digging!"
I use Nero, but if alchole 120% can do it I would advise you get that.
Sat 29/05/04 at 21:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I use nero for almost all of those types of stuff, music, dvd's, backing up data, etc..
Sat 29/05/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Alcohol120% is far superior to this Nero pish.
:)
Sat 29/05/04 at 22:42
Regular
"Twenty quid."
iTunes does it, and quite nicely too.
Sun 30/05/04 at 00:33
Regular
To chuck MP3's onto a CD you dont need any special software.

Windows XP will be able to do it.

Well, thats if you got Windows XP...

As soon as you insert a blank CD it usually comes up with a few options. Just click on the "open writable CD folder" and you can just drag all all the MP3s onto the CD.

Or you can use windows media player. No special formatting needs to be applied. I used to have a MP3 CD player and thats how i used to burn them.

No money needs to be spent!
Sun 30/05/04 at 15:12
Nero.
Sun 30/05/04 at 17:02
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
Yeh i just use Nero and organise all my music into folders and stuff. Remember to finalise the CD-RW so it'll load a lot faster on ur MP3 CD player.
Sun 30/05/04 at 19:42
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Alcohol120% > This Nero pish.

Fín.
Tue 01/06/04 at 06:44
Regular
Here's a pretty decent free one - [URL]http://www.burn4free.com/[/URL]

But really you need to get iTunes (which is also free) and Alcohol 120%.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.