GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Songs that sound the same."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 17:33
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive been listening to the radio all day in work. My boss and I where talking about songs that sound the same; especially the intros.

Songs like "Are you gonna be my girl" which sounds like "lust for life" and, according to my boss "cowboys and kisses" sounds like something by the verve.

We both think its annoying when you hear a song intro and expect it to be something different.

Are there any more that you guys can think of? And does anyone think the new scissor sisters song sound farmiliar? I recognise it but dont know where from.
Sat 29/05/04 at 18:07
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
magnius wrote:
> That'd be Queen "Under Pressure" and Vanilla Ice "Ice
> Ice Baby"?

Thats it he Vanilla Ice was crap. By the expressions on the backup dancers faces you could tell what they were thinking.

Who the hell is he? What the hell is this? Oh wait we are getting paid. *Dances*
Sat 29/05/04 at 19:07
Regular
"lets go back"
magnius wrote:
> That'd be Queen "Under Pressure" and Vanilla Ice "Ice
> Ice Baby"?

It could also be Queen - Another one bites the dust, and Sugar Hill Gang - Rappers delight.

The bass lines are the same with the exception of about 2 notes.
Sat 29/05/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Long time no see!"
A rift/jam-thing between Flea and John Frusciante [Chili Peppers, of course!] from Pretty Little Ditty was used to, basically, given Crazy Town the start to their "success".

There's also a bit at the very-end of Punk Rock Classic that reminds me very much of that Guns 'n' Roses song (which, I think, might be Sweet Child of Mine...?). Don't know whether something 'went on' there though...

And typically, ALL new songs sound the same. Simply because, they are all crap, released with the same, sole intention of only making money (just like 99.5% of everything else in the world after 1999!).
Sat 29/05/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Oh you cant forget the Led Zeplin song and the Eminem one. Thet was the same tune.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Eamon - F**k It and Frankee FURB

Was expecting this to be first post.
Sun 30/05/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
The one that always annoys me is the Led Zeppelin - Kashmir and the one from Godzilla.
Sun 30/05/04 at 14:20
Regular
"lets go back"
AliBoy wrote:
> The one that always annoys me is the Led Zeppelin - Kashmir and the
> one from Godzilla.

Thats different tho cos the music was directly stolen. I was talking about songs that sre coincidentaly the same.
Sun 30/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
"tokyo police club"
'A Town Called Malic' by The Jam also sounds like 'Are you gonna...'
Sun 30/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"Colourless"
"Dead leaves and the dirty ground"

and

"There's no room for you here girl go away"

Now I think its quite impressive to find two by the same artist....
Tue 01/06/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Led Zeppelin"
All the Westlife song sound the same

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.