GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"CSS, Alligning an object right?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 29/05/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Digging!"
Hey all,
I'm tying to get CSS to place a 2px line to the right side of the browser, but with no success.

#leftblack{
margin-top: 0px;
margin-left: 0px;
height: 100%;
width: 2px;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
background: #000000;
position: absolute;
}

The above code works to align a 2px line to the left side, so I assumed the following would align the line to the right, but it didn't.

#rightblack{
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
height: 100%;
width: 2px;
padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px;
background: #000000;
position: absolute;
}

I've tried using percentages for the left magin to align it right, but that doesn't work (depends on the size of the browser), so I'm not sure what to try now. Any ideas?

Cheers
S.A.

EDIT: Right, I've scrapped the border thingy, it effects the percentages to much. However, I still need to know how to align text vertically using CSS.
Sat 29/05/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Digging!"
http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/horizontal02.htm

The code was being painfull, so I gave up and stuck with my own.
Sat 29/05/04 at 22:06
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Allred wrote:
> Right, sorted it so it shows as it should. Now, this image rollover
> thingy, is it poible to stop the damn thing putting gaps inbetween
> the boxes, not sizing properly, not aligning, and not accepting
> percentages for widths, or is it just going to be painful?

Your being a tad vague
Sat 29/05/04 at 20:34
Regular
"Digging!"
Right, sorted it so it shows as it should. Now, this image rollover thingy, is it poible to stop the damn thing putting gaps inbetween the boxes, not sizing properly, not aligning, and not accepting percentages for widths, or is it just going to be painful?
Sat 29/05/04 at 20:26
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Allred wrote:
That seems to have killed it, it is nothing like how it was on the
> > Transitional//EN"tag. Why?

4.01 shouldn't be used for CSS design, it was never designed to handle it, if it's not rendering properly in Tran xHTML 1.0, the your CSS is wrong.

1. text-vertical-align doesn't exist in CSS, it's either: text-align or verticle-align.

2.Using the xhtml strict DTD will noly make your life hell, unless you know 100% the difference between html4 and xhtml, don't bother.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.