GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ProblemO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
": ("
I have another virus, I think its because of an e-mail I opened. Anygoo, can someone help me get rid of this one?

This is what it said : W32/Netsky.z@MM Virus Found

This might not be the virus but everyday (I think) a blue screen pops up saying that I have to restart my Computer so I do so and when it loads up again a Report window comes up saying that I have just recovered from a serious 'Log Off This' Problem/Error. A few days ago when it happened I decided to Send The Error Report to Microsoft and it came back saying something about my Modem (Webstar), im not great with computers and can sometimes do serious damage to them so can you help me in the most computer un-illiterate way (If thats a word).

Thanks.
Sun 30/05/04 at 15:11
Regular
"Digging!"
Stridman™ wrote:
> I haven't got an Anti Virus software, I only have a free trail at the
> mo.
>
> Im hoping to convince my dad to get a new PC anyway, this ones past
> it's time...

Make your own, don't get an off the shelf, hey uses cheap and crappy generic parts that at the same spec would run anywhere near as fat as a system you built for the same price.
Sun 30/05/04 at 15:10
Regular
adrian wrote:
> If you
> do a full system scan with any decent upto date anti-virus program
> and it comes back clean then your ok.

Im Ok then.
Sun 30/05/04 at 15:09
Regular
I haven't got an Anti Virus software, I only have a free trail at the mo.

Im hoping to convince my dad to get a new PC anyway, this ones past it's time...
Sun 30/05/04 at 09:36
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Stridman™ wrote:
> MSN told me, I cant remember why.

What anti-virus software do you have? As I know that Norton anti-virus checks MSN so if you have Norton then I suspect it was warning you about the file and quarantining it or deleting it. If you do a full system scan with any decent upto date anti-virus program and it comes back clean then your ok.
Sun 30/05/04 at 09:26
Regular
"NULL"
Did you have a virus scanner installed before you got that message? If so, it sounds as though the virus scanner picked up a virus being sent by MSN or something and alerted you to it.
Sun 30/05/04 at 09:16
Regular
MSN told me, I cant remember why.
Sat 29/05/04 at 22:56
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Stridman™ wrote:
> Well, like I said in the original post it said this : W32/Netsky.z@MM
> Virus Found

Like I said in my post: What told you this? The parrot perched on top of your computer? Some guy lobbing a bottle through your window with a message in it? You don't just get popups that say "hay mang W32/Netsky.z@MM Virus Found you shudd do somefink about itt2", if a non-trustworthy source is making you think you have a virus then you almost certainly don't, and that non-trustworthy program is trying to coerce you into doing something you shouldn't (like install a "cure", which is actually another virus or a spyware bonanza).

The blue screen likely has nothing to do with any virus, it's just your computer crashing. Did you run the virus scanner than Nimco linked you to?
Sat 29/05/04 at 13:12
Regular
"NULL"
Then I suggest you run a memory test. When did you last run a disk defrag or scan disk on your PC? Now would probably be a could time do to a backup as well - one of the crashes could very easily corrupt data on your HDD.
Sat 29/05/04 at 13:07
Regular
Nope, nothing.
Sat 29/05/04 at 13:06
Regular
"NULL"
Did the virus scan pick up anything?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.