GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ProblemO"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
": ("
I have another virus, I think its because of an e-mail I opened. Anygoo, can someone help me get rid of this one?

This is what it said : W32/Netsky.z@MM Virus Found

This might not be the virus but everyday (I think) a blue screen pops up saying that I have to restart my Computer so I do so and when it loads up again a Report window comes up saying that I have just recovered from a serious 'Log Off This' Problem/Error. A few days ago when it happened I decided to Send The Error Report to Microsoft and it came back saying something about my Modem (Webstar), im not great with computers and can sometimes do serious damage to them so can you help me in the most computer un-illiterate way (If thats a word).

Thanks.
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:13
Regular
I have another virus, I think its because of an e-mail I opened. Anygoo, can someone help me get rid of this one?

This is what it said : W32/Netsky.z@MM Virus Found

This might not be the virus but everyday (I think) a blue screen pops up saying that I have to restart my Computer so I do so and when it loads up again a Report window comes up saying that I have just recovered from a serious 'Log Off This' Problem/Error. A few days ago when it happened I decided to Send The Error Report to Microsoft and it came back saying something about my Modem (Webstar), im not great with computers and can sometimes do serious damage to them so can you help me in the most computer un-illiterate way (If thats a word).

Thanks.
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:14
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
The netsky virus is one of the big ones.

You better have a look round the symantec site for a remover.
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:17
Regular
*cries*

I wont have to buy any Virus Removers will I?
If so, Meh.
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:21
Regular
"NULL"
I've been getting variants of the NetSky virus by the bucket load at the moment (upwards of 10 a day). My AV gets them all though.

Try this link for removal advice: [URL]http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected][/URL]

Did the email actually have an attachment? And if so, did you open it? Cos if not, that message sounds like one of the ones I keep getting from various corporate AV/firewalls to tell me that they received a virus from my address - that doesn't mean you're infected necessarily, only that someone who has your email address is infected.

I suggest going to somewhere like http://housecall.trendmicro.com to run a free online virus scan. It'll take a while but should pick up any viral infections.

Stridman™ wrote:
> computer un-illiterate way (If thats a word).

Computer illiterate is what I guess you mean...
Fri 28/05/04 at 18:50
Regular
Thanks alot Nimco, im trying to sort it out tonight because im not going out anywhere tonight.
Fri 28/05/04 at 19:48
Regular
"bing bang bong"
What makes you think you have a virus? What told you it was Netsky?
Sat 29/05/04 at 10:21
Regular
Well, like I said in the original post it said this : W32/Netsky.z@MM Virus Found

It might not be Virus but im curious at why its mentioning this virus, im downloading a trialware Norton AntiVirus thing and im trying to follow the instructions the Norton site is giving me to get rid of the virus.

Im sure its a virus because it just comes up with a large blue screen with lots of 'computer language' on it that doesn't make any sense to me, the only bit I understand is the bit that tells me to restart my computer.
Sat 29/05/04 at 10:25
Regular
Miserableman, i'll try to copy what it says next time it happens but it is alot and it doesn't seem to be happening yet.

Yet.
Sat 29/05/04 at 12:43
Regular
"NULL"
Sounds like a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). That could mean your RAM is faulty. Try a memory checker like memtest86: [URL]http://www.memtest.com[/URL]

Have you installed anything in your pc lately? Or had a catastrophic computer crash? Power cut maybe? How old is your PC?
Sat 29/05/04 at 12:56
Regular
Nimco wrote:
> Sounds like a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death). That could mean your RAM is
> faulty. Try a memory checker like memtest86:
> [URL]http://www.memtest.com[/URL]
>
> Have you installed anything in your pc lately? Or had a catastrophic
> computer crash? Power cut maybe? How old is your PC?

Haven't installed anything for a very long time.

My Computer has been crashing non stop lately.

My PC used to be Windows ME but it was updated last year to XP, I think i've had it for about 3/4 years now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.