GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Graphics Card Problems With Black And White"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/04/01 at 13:13
Regular
I installed Black & White this morning. I loaded it up, and after around 5 mins loading it finally came up with a white screen. Thwn, the intro music played, but nothing came up on the screen!!

Thinking it was a graphics card problem, I found out what my graphics card was.

I have an STB Velocity 128.

Now, I don't know if this supports B and W, but if it does, I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites where I could download some drivers for it??

Thanks in advance, Ant.
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Also,

can anyone CONFIRM that an STB Velocity 128 graphics card will work on B & W.

It does have 8mb video memory, it is 3D and it has something to do with NVidea or however you spell it.
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:46
Regular
"smile, it's free"
If the item is faulty, needless to say they give you a full refund or replacement or something like that. If you bought something that's incompatible, they'll probably let you return it and get a refund. They did when my brother purchased C&C tiberian sun and we couldn't run it.
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have an SR shop 20 mins away from me in Basildon!!

{:)
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
> Well, check for compatibility before you buy it in the first place,
> shouldn't be a problem - people always seem to have this fear of
> opening up their pcs and swapping bits around..

Well, SR can fit it for me, so we'll bring it in and see what they think.
Fri 20/04/01 at 20:43
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Well, check for compatibility before you buy it in the first place, shouldn't be a problem - people always seem to have this fear of opening up their pcs and swapping bits around..
Fri 20/04/01 at 19:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
I have a question for SR, if I buy a computer chip (Intel) for my PC and it doesn't work, what is there return or refund policy?

Thanks
er-no
Fri 20/04/01 at 19:50
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
If there's a special reserve shop near you they do graphics cards . I bought B+W and had to buy a card that cost £75 .
Fri 20/04/01 at 19:44
"possibly impossible"
Does it work with 8mb TNT cards?
Fri 20/04/01 at 16:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well, the music sounded pretty good!!
Fri 20/04/01 at 15:40
Regular
Don't tell me, it doesn't work with colour graphic cards does it...

:-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.