GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Share your culinary masterplans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/05/04 at 13:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I'm going to Uni in about 3 months, so should probably learn to cook. Yesterday I threatened to make scrambled eggs and this morning, I successfully oversaw the satisfactionary completion of a bowl of piping hot tomato soup complete with side order of cheese sandwich. Tell me how to cook better stuff, otherwise I'll stuff my newly-educated face with grilled cheese and Big Macs until I get Czech neck.

And also, I discovered how to spread butter properly. The secret is to keep the butter on the knife and distribute it equally, not to spread the butter from the bread. I'm a genius!
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> Why do I believe you? Next it'll be peanut butter smeared on a
> playing card. And I'm still yet to try Craig's Potato Combo.

Craig has a potato combo? This I gotta see!
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:24
Regular
"lets go back"
Here is how to make Chicken and Barley soup. Its really healthy but tastes good.

What you need: A half eaten chicken left over from the day before (failing this just get a couple of fresh drumsticks from the butchers)

An asortement of vegetables. Most will do but i tend to use carrots(about 3), turnip/sweed(half of one), a cabbage leave, and onion(half of one).

A chicken OXO cube. Or cheaper unbranded alternative.

A bay leaf. Adds flavour.

Half a mug of barley. Adds barley.

What to do: Fill a pan with water.

Place chicken in pan still attached to bone (you remove the bones later, they add flavour while cooking)

Chop up vegetables and throw in pan. Also add OXO cube and bay leaf.

Turn on the hob and stir regularly until the solid vegeelables turn into a soupy mixture.

When cooked add the barley and heat up ready to eat.

Dont forget to not eat the bones (they are easy to remove while eating).
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Boil some pasta. Get some sauce from a shop, or mix mayonnaisse and tuna, add it to the boiling pasta, along with some bits of bacon, then serve it and put cheese over the top.

The first meal I ever cooked Mrs_monkey_man was pot noodle served on a plate. We became students soon after that.
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:27
Regular
"it's a small thing"
Do what i'm doing..drink tea or coffee through a kit kat finger (don't forget to bite the ends off first!!)
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:30
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Umpalumpa wrote:
> Do what i'm doing..drink tea or coffee through a kit kat finger (don't
> forget to bite the ends off first!!)

That, I will have to give a try. :)
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Staffie 2"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I'm going to Uni in about 3 months, so should probably learn to cook.
> Yesterday I threatened to make scrambled eggs and this morning, I
> successfully oversaw the satisfactionary completion of a bowl of
> piping hot tomato soup complete with side order of cheese sandwich.
> Tell me how to cook better stuff, otherwise I'll stuff my
> newly-educated face with grilled cheese and Big Macs until I get
> Czech neck.
>
> And also, I discovered how to spread butter properly. The secret is
> to keep the butter on the knife and distribute it equally, not to
> spread the butter from the bread. I'm a genius!

It worries me that he kept this place running for so long. What does that say about the rest of us? ( :
Thu 27/05/04 at 14:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Fosco wrote:
> It worries me that he kept this place running for so long. What does
> that say about the rest of us? ( :

He's only got a mental age of 7 too.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:42
Regular
"That's right!"
Two minute microwave rice and a tin of tuna is your friend. Use it.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
This is just the basic chinese noodles on there own recipe, you can add most things to it, just buy the pre-made sauces and and the meat of your choice, anyway the noodles.......

Get a big pan of boiling water and add some salt to it before you put the noodles in, i'd go with sharwoods egg noodles.
You need to boil them for at least 5 minutes, after that you have to test them every couple of minutes until theyre cooked how you like.
While theyre cooking you need to make the coating for them, get a big glass bowl and put in some soy sauce, putting in enough is just a guess but it has to be enough for them to absorb evenly.
When the noodles are cooked you need to strain them so they dont have any water in them, and throw them into the soy sauce(dark or light, it doesnt matter) when they are coated, you need to add some sesame oil and mix it in and that is it.
Everything else can be stirfryed and added on top, i suggest chicken or duck in plum sauce, with any vegetables you want to add( peppers, beansprouts etc.....)
As you can probably tell i love cooking.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Digging!"
Flockhart wrote:

> Get a big pan of boiling water and add some salt to it before you put
> the noodles in, i'd go with sharwoods egg noodles.
> You need to boil them for at least 5 minutes, after that you have to
> test them every couple of minutes until theyre cooked how you like.

I seem to remeber Ken Hom on The Saturday Kitchen saying you should put some water to boil, and then take it off the heat and add the noodles, and when the water has cooled the noodles are cooked. Also, never break/cut noodles, as they are supposed to represent your lifeline, and so if you shorten them you die quicker. Apparently.

My advice to you MR Snuggy is to watch the Saturday Kitchen, which is on Saturdays on BBC2 at 10am till 11:30am.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.