GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going to buy an iBook"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy an iBook when I go to America this summer, but I wanted to know if there's any compatability problems with using it over here?

Will I need a new battery? I'll obviously need an adapter plug/New power cable.

I really wanted to know if UK software will work and if I load DVD movies to watch will it be NTSC only?

Thanks,

Chips
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy an iBook when I go to America this summer, but I wanted to know if there's any compatability problems with using it over here?

Will I need a new battery? I'll obviously need an adapter plug/New power cable.

I really wanted to know if UK software will work and if I load DVD movies to watch will it be NTSC only?

Thanks,

Chips
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:25
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
It should work just fine. Thats what the transformer is for. :)

Go mac!
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:27
Regular
When are you going? I'm interested in picking one of these up too. I'm going to the States in August. If you're back sooner, can you let me know how much you paid and for what spec?

Thanks
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:32
Regular
"Twenty quid."
DVDs should be fine.

Chances are the only thing you'll need to change is the plug at the end of the power lead - they usually make is so you can just switch the plug itself rather than the entire cable, like the iPod power lead.
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I'm going in August also.

I'm currently deciding between the 12" and 14" models- $1099(£600) and $1299(£700)- of course I'll upgrade the memory and Hard Drive ($120 more I believe).

I did a quick google search, and it seems that I can change the DVD drive region a few times... just like on my PC then. If I change it oo many times, I can then download a firmware 'patch' to make it region-free again. Sweet.

Everything is going according to plan, just need to save up money before I go... luckily my birthday is in July and I'm going to be working loads. :)

I've been considering a Mac for ages now, and now I finally have the balls/money to get one. I'll take it to Uni also. Can't wait for August. :)
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Timmargh wrote:
> DVDs should be fine.
>
> Chances are the only thing you'll need to change is the plug at the
> end of the power lead - they usually make is so you can just switch
> the plug itself rather than the entire cable, like the iPod power
> lead.

Yeah, this was useful when I took my iPod to America... that's another thing, I'll need to reformat my iPod. :)
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I've told my mum I'm buying her an iBook when she gets rid of her current (Toshiba) laptop - I'm sick of fixing it for her!

What flight will you be coming back on ... ?

*puts on 'mugging' outfit*
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hehe. BA... Oh.

BTW... I added you to MSN earlier, not sure if you use it or not, I had/have a few Mac related questions for you. :)
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:46
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I use it occasionally - I'll go on now ...
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:52
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> I've told my mum I'm buying her an iBook when she gets rid of her
> current (Toshiba) laptop - I'm sick of fixing it for her!

Strange, our Toshiba Laptop is on the blink - again. Is it a common problem or just coincidence?

I'd reformat it - again, but I can't be bothered anymore :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.