GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Going to buy an iBook"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/05/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hi everyone,

I'm going to buy an iBook when I go to America this summer, but I wanted to know if there's any compatability problems with using it over here?

Will I need a new battery? I'll obviously need an adapter plug/New power cable.

I really wanted to know if UK software will work and if I load DVD movies to watch will it be NTSC only?

Thanks,

Chips
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Digging!"
Still, I'm going to sell my MZ-N1 soon, and get the MZ-NH1 ( [URL] http://products.sony.co.uk/productdetail.asp?id=1_24_6191 [/URL] ) when its released
Thu 27/05/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Digging!"
Microchips wrote:
> We you using Apple headphones?

Yeap

> They're absolutely terrible. I threw them away after they broke (3
> weeks...) and got some Sony MDR-EX71SL's.. excellent sound and Bass.

Damn you, you have the new version of my headphones. Still, the only difference is the extension cable, which I don't need that what with an inline remote, and the fack that the jack is at 0 degrees to the cable, whereas on mine its at 90 degrees.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:58
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
We you using Apple headphones?

They're absolutely terrible. I threw them away after they broke (3 weeks...) and got some Sony MDR-EX71SL's.. excellent sound and Bass.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:43
Regular
"Digging!"
phuzzy wrote:
> Just don't 'diss' the iPod. They rawk so much, look amazing, work well
> and of course, have the brand name. As much as people deny, it does
> come down to that. As for the battery, I think it's blown out of
> proportion really (dirty secret.. :S)
>
> Go iPod!
>
> *pats*

I listened to my mates one and I thought it has awful sound quality compared to my Sony MZ-N1 with Sony MDR-EX70LP headphones. It wasn't caused by it being MP3s either, as I put some lossless MP3s on and it still sounded poor in comparasion to my MZ-N1.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
You have one too? :D

Tbh... I do agree with Phil, and I admit that it is way overpriced, but I don't have any regrets about buying my 15Gb one :)
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:38
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just don't 'diss' the iPod. They rawk so much, look amazing, work well and of course, have the brand name. As much as people deny, it does come down to that. As for the battery, I think it's blown out of proportion really (dirty secret.. :S)

Go iPod!

*pats*
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:32
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmm... that may be the case in the iPod department, but a lot of reviews have suggested that to get the same spec laptop I'd need to pay a lot more.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:29
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
gamezfreak wrote:
> 20GB iPod
>
> Muh, why do Apple have to be sooooo expensive?

Because you're one of the fools who has been taken in by them.

Apple iPod 20GB - £260
JukeBox Zen Xtra 30GB - £217

The ZEN is slightly bigger, it doesn't matter because it can still do anything that the iPod can, it still fits in your pocket easily and you never notice the difference.

The battery last longer and is cheaper to replace unlike the iPod's one.

It's just a case of the marketing winning everyone over, that's why Apple can charge such high prices. It's exactly the same scenario as the Playstation 2.
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:12
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I could even change my name to Macrochips... see what I did there, huh, huh? :D
Thu 27/05/04 at 16:11
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yup... I've just been reading reviews, comparing the iBook against Powerbooks etc.

I came to the conclusion that I don't need a serious Mac, just one that can play games if I choose to (UT2004 gets an FPS of around 30 on the basic iBook) and watch DVDs, do homework and surf the Internet. I need portability, and it's what I get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.