GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Video Editing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/05/04 at 01:39
Regular
Im interested in all this video editing malarky. Not the simple importing of video, sticking it all together with some nice transitions and title overlays, adding cheap sound effects then putting your name over 50 times in the credits for every job you can think of. Nono, thats easy and boring.

The juicy stuff. Special effects, texturing, 2D animation. I dont exactly know what the purpose of this topic is, maybe to find out if any of you guys are already in the industry, learning the basics or have some hobbies that include this kinda stuff.

I have a range of software from high end Adobe Premiere & After Effects (which dont do what I had expected) to simple things like Windows Movie Maker 2 and those poo progs you get with digi cams. Just not really had any proper use for them yet.

I love the special effects in films like the matrix & terminator, but I know that they are way too far advanced for me to even want to begin learning.

Really then, anyone else interested in this line of work or even as a hobby? What software do you have/use? Whats your knowledge like?

Even if youre like me, just interested in it right now... lemme know what you think about it all.

Um, thats all... reply and maybe i'll remember why I started the topic in the first place.
Tue 25/05/04 at 01:39
Regular
Im interested in all this video editing malarky. Not the simple importing of video, sticking it all together with some nice transitions and title overlays, adding cheap sound effects then putting your name over 50 times in the credits for every job you can think of. Nono, thats easy and boring.

The juicy stuff. Special effects, texturing, 2D animation. I dont exactly know what the purpose of this topic is, maybe to find out if any of you guys are already in the industry, learning the basics or have some hobbies that include this kinda stuff.

I have a range of software from high end Adobe Premiere & After Effects (which dont do what I had expected) to simple things like Windows Movie Maker 2 and those poo progs you get with digi cams. Just not really had any proper use for them yet.

I love the special effects in films like the matrix & terminator, but I know that they are way too far advanced for me to even want to begin learning.

Really then, anyone else interested in this line of work or even as a hobby? What software do you have/use? Whats your knowledge like?

Even if youre like me, just interested in it right now... lemme know what you think about it all.

Um, thats all... reply and maybe i'll remember why I started the topic in the first place.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:05
Regular
"Digging!"
omg wtf lol wrote:

> I love the special effects in films like the matrix & terminator,
> but I know that they are way too far advanced for me to even want to
> begin learning.

To do stuff like bullet time from the matrix you need a rig with loads of still cameras that take pictures in squence (It shows you in a special feature on the 1st one on DVD) and then use 3D software like Alias Maya fill in the frames so it runs smothly. Most effects like that are done in 3D software now.

http://www.alias.com/eng/index_flash.shtml

There is a free learning eddition avalible to download.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:11
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeh, I would be interested in video editing. At the minute I only have Windows Moviemaker though. I do have Maya 5.0 and Maxon, but I don't have the CD keys for them.
;)
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:29
Regular
Maya... video editing... I don't think so.
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I never said I used it for video editing, you idiot. I said I had Maya 5.0, in response to the post by Allred.
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:32
Regular
That was unnecessary.
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:34
Regular
"Not a Jew"
You are unnecessary.
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:35
Regular
Tsk, no need to be childish.
Tue 25/05/04 at 15:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Rightio
Tue 25/05/04 at 17:56
Regular
Allred wrote:

> To do stuff like bullet time from the matrix you need a rig with
> loads of still cameras that take pictures in squence (It shows you in
> a special feature on the 1st one on DVD) and then use 3D software
> like Alias Maya fill in the frames so it runs smothly. Most effects
> like that are done in 3D software now.

Yeah, I seen the extras DVD. Thats the kinda stuff I mean... its amazing. Although, im not too keen on actually doing it coz it looks like too much hard work. Be nice to know a bit more about it all though.

Errm, anyone do computer video graphics?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.