GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Obscure - But Brilliant - Bands ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 20:23
"period drama"
You know the ones.
I'm sure everyone has a band they love that most people have never heard of before.

Spread the word. Let's all feel special together.

I'll start off with Dredg
I'm also really bad at describing music, so bear with me. Polar

Bloody fantastic, by all accounts.
Their first album was quite hard, grunge-type - but their second, El Cielo is much more melodic and simply wonderful.

The album is themed around sleep paralysis, so expect a few weird choones about with divine lyrics. The songs can send you to sleep one minute, make you want to jump around the next - verying widely in styles, but everything fits together perfectly and is wonderful for that connection.

Most good. Buy.

You go.
Mon 24/05/04 at 23:07
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> 57 - Biffy Clyro

I saw them live. They were actually pretty damn good, and got a decent crowd reaction, considering not too many people had even heard of them.
Tue 25/05/04 at 00:20
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Avenged Sevenfold
DVDA
Primus
Sentenced
Poison Black

and loads others.
Tue 25/05/04 at 06:42
Regular
Starlight wrote:
> Avenged Sevenfold

Avenged Sevenfold are awesome. "I won't see you tonight part 1" is the best song ever. So is "Chapter Four". Or possibly "Lips of Deceit". Actually, they're all pretty amazing.
Tue 25/05/04 at 09:48
Regular
Sigur Rós.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:14
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Mesh STL

Only really heard "Down" which was alright, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Merz
Pavement (big in the 90s, but kinda disappeared like the Pixies)
Sean Lennon
Graham Coxon
Cornelius
Cibo Matto

Some not so obscure, but worth checking out if you haven't heard anything by them. Sean Lennon is John Lennon's son, the one that makes good music, not the one that churns out Beatles karaoke numbers. Coxon was guitarist for Blur, but his numerous solo albums have about 3 or 4 standout tracks on each. One of my guitar idols. Cibo are a like a Japanese female Massive Attack. Very lo-fi, very chilled. Amazing video for 'Sugar-Water' too.
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:58
Regular
"tokyo police club"
'Why don't you go an cut your hair, do you think it's gunna make you change?'
Tue 25/05/04 at 10:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
FFF, I must take you up on something.

Dredg's lyrics are by far the worst thing about them. Really bad, in my opinion.

Although I do like them.
Tue 25/05/04 at 14:23
Regular
"I love Dave music"
Hamell On Trial - Go out and buy Choochtown. Now! It's a superb album. One guy, one acoustic guitar, a hell of a lot of rocking, comedy and a story. What more could you want?

Five For Fighting - For all you Crows and Matchbox 20 fans out there this guy is amazing, you might have heard "Superman", I think it was used on Smallville or something.....my personal fave is "2 Frogs".

Idiot Kings - Kind of mellow rock, I guess? Check out their site, and if you live near Brighton, check them out at the end of the month..... [URL]www.idiotkings.co.uk[/URL]
Tue 25/05/04 at 18:23
Regular
Meat Loaf.

Certainly not obscure, but nevertheless overlooked in this day and age when they by far deserve the same kind of continued recognition that Guns 'n' Roses enjoy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.