GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Site"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/05/04 at 00:22
Regular
www.cheshirepool.com - [URL]http://www.cheshirepool.com[/URL]

I'd like your opinions please.

I coded it on 2 computers, one with a very light monitor, one that's a bit busted so the screen appears too dark, so the first thing I'd like to ask is how you think the colour scheme works, it the blue a decent shade, which shows up the lettering clearly?

Also, how does it look on screens with larger resolutions?

And general feedback and suggestions for improvements please.

(I know the images are a little bit crap, I'm hoping to lay my hands on something with anti-ali[cough]ing soon...)

Thanks
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:22
Regular
www.cheshirepool.com - [URL]http://www.cheshirepool.com[/URL]

I'd like your opinions please.

I coded it on 2 computers, one with a very light monitor, one that's a bit busted so the screen appears too dark, so the first thing I'd like to ask is how you think the colour scheme works, it the blue a decent shade, which shows up the lettering clearly?

Also, how does it look on screens with larger resolutions?

And general feedback and suggestions for improvements please.

(I know the images are a little bit crap, I'm hoping to lay my hands on something with anti-ali[cough]ing soon...)

Thanks
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:34
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Yes, it looks very good. But... (:-D)

The title - nothing annoys me more than grainy, squarish text for the title bar. So, and this might annoy you, I've had a little go at making one for you.

Sorry...
:-P

Hey, I'm bored.

[URL]http://firestorm.staghosting.com/title.jpg[/URL]

It's only 9.5kb.
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:36
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmm, because of me trying to make it small (by lowering the jpg quality) it looks a little odd.
What do you think should be a limit on size for it?
Oh, and if you don't require my assistance, just say, sir.
:)
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:38
Regular
Heh, that does look a lot better

I'd been feeling it looked very.. unprofessional, but couldn't place the problem.
Obviously part of the problem is that I'm no professional, and part would be that I did all the images in ms paint!

But that defintiely helps things.

I'll knock up a blatant rip-off when I don't need to get sleep before work, thanks :^)
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
No problems at all.
Like I said, you don't need to use it if you feel you want it to be all your own work, which is completely understandable.
So don't worry about it.

And also, I've uploaded the better quality one - it's up to 15kb.
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:43
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Hmm, because of me trying to make it small (by lowering the jpg
> quality) it looks a little odd.
> What do you think should be a limit on size for it?
> Oh, and if you don't require my assistance, just say, sir.
> :)

Size.. I'm trying to make it small and fast, so it's nippy enough to be smooth on 56k. I'll probably see if I can replicate that effect on a .gif first.

Mind you, it is a very small page. I might add an image or two to the home page, just to brighten things up a bit, but I expect I can still afford to give it better quality.
Though the 8-ball in the corner probably takes priority...
Mon 24/05/04 at 00:46
Regular
Azul wrote:
> Like I said, you don't need to use it if you feel you want it to be
> all your own work, which is completely understandable.

Hmm, I'd like to tweak it a little, mainly to try to make it fill the space available to be as clear as possible. I'm not sure how I feel about the 'own work' thing though, I hand't really thought about it...
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:25
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
It's very basic, and the graphics are very basic/overcompressed too.

Make it more attractive to the eye, use CSS to make the fonts and borders look better plus add some graphics/photos to it to make it look better.

Keep into account that it needs to load quickly though so not too many pics, but not boring with nothing either.
Mon 24/05/04 at 16:48
Regular
"Digging!"
Suitable design, but it needs better images and possibly needs a sharper blue rather than the default (and rather mankey) blue. Maby try a deep red, they always have a nice effect.
Mon 24/05/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Bit off-topic, but I used to live in Cheshire. Where abouts do you live DD?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.